Charlie Whiting passes away

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Utterly shocked :(

That's terrible. 66 is still not that old. 

RIP. 

Indeed, 66 is not old at all by today's standards... Such an iconic key figure in F1; absolutely devastating news.

Pulmonary embolism was my first thought after reading the news about his passing and it seems that it is the case... Take good care of you when traveling long-haul everyone.

This comes out of nowhere and truly shocked me when I read it this morning. He did a lot for Fomula 1 and was such a familiar face every time you saw him on TV in the paddock, in driver briefings or whatever. Rest in Peace :(

• Subscriber

It seems he was also well liked and respected by everyone in the paddock; not an easy feat given his responsibilities and tough decisions that inevitably made someone unhappy in every race but he was apparently a thoroughly nice person and treated everyone fairly. One of the true gents in motorsports. Can't even imagine how tough it must be for his family and friends; to lose someone so suddenly and unexpectedly is heartbreaking...

Tributes are coming in from all around the world; drivers, teams, fans, you name it...

D1nShS8XcAAlPPB.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived