Yeovil Town vs Macclesfield Town

Monday 18th March, 2019
Mansfield Town vs Lincoln City

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That Leeds vs Sheff Utd game is massive, not only with the geographic rivalry but obviously also in the promotion chase, too.

At the other end, Wigan could do with an overdue win over Bolton. Losing Will Grigg seems to have affected them greatly. 

Villa vs Middlesbrough could be a good game. The latter can't keep a clean sheet and the former still an outside for promotion. 

Baggies at home, though game against solid play off opposition. We should be looking to beat any side that comes to Griffin Park regardless of their level in this division.

Canos to start, Watkins hopefully on the bench. Emilliano Marcondes is back fit now so hopefully we'll see more of him.

Regarding Leeds and Sheff Utd, I think Leeds will snatch it. Sheff Utd had to work hard for their win against us, down to ten men, a lot of running, jumping in front of shots left right and centre, over an hour really of defending. I think that might zap them a bit.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Sheffield United an example of what being well drilled and organised gets you because they don’t play great football.

Pretty deflated as you can imagine.

Massive game at home, atmosphere electric. A game where we've had chances, had most the ball, been pretty solid defensively until making one mistake and that mistake has been punished. In these games you need a bit of luck and sadly it wasn't on our side. But I just can't be over critical of us when the effort was spot on. 

Unfortunately the only thing missing was the most important factor. The finishing. Been the achilles heel all season.

We've had three guilt edged chances with Bamford, Harrison and Jansson and you have to bury at least one of them. We've hit the post from Roberts when again, you'd expect the net to ripple as soon as he connects. 17 attempts at goal, not one on target. And that is why we lost the game.

Chris Wilder's interview spoke volumes. From his body language and words, he knew they mugged us today. And they did. But I think it's important to stay classy in defeat and credit the opposition no matter how much it hurts. They struggled first half when we had them on the ropes and survived serious pressure, grew into it defensively second half and were clinical when their chance came. 

In a week where they have played Brentford with 10 men, and dug in, then came to us, dug in and won both games with clean sheet's, that isn't all about luck. It's sheer guts and effort, even if quality wise, they have been inferior in both games. 

So well done @DNA. Credit where it's due. 

I can't bare us failing again. Makes me sick because we won't be there or thereabouts again if we don't do it. I don't think we deserve it all things considered but sadly you don't always get what you deserve in Football. 8 games to turn it around or it's game over. Simple.

• Subscriber

Norwich, Sheff Utd and Villa going up for me. Livid at myself for not backing Villa at 33/1 a week ago. You can see them doing it. Totally different side with Grealish.

Leeds I think will just fall short of 2nd placed Sheff Utd and will lose in the play-offs.

Norwich I expect to end up winning it by about 6/7 points.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Norwich, Sheff Utd and Villa going up for me. Livid at myself for not backing Villa at 33/1 a week ago. You can see them doing it. Totally different side with Grealish.

Leeds I think will just fall short of 2nd placed Sheff Utd and will lose in the play-offs.

Norwich I expect to end up winning it by about 6/7 points.

In fairness a big thing with Grealish is that he focuses so much of the oppositions resources to keep a lid on him that it allows those around him that bit more space and the damage gets done. 

Also have to commend Tyrone Mings I don’t see James Chester getting back in this side at present. 

Great win against Scuthrope, 2-0. 

Settled in that 4th spot rather nicely, and honestly I don't see us catching any of the 3 teams ahead of us. Best case is for Sunderland to get the 2nd spot and then us face off against Barnsley in the Final. 

Regardless, there are 8 games left, so keep up the momentum boys and push for that 2nd spot

• The title was changed to Football League 2018/19 - 15-18th March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived