talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things we say all the time that are simply untrue...

football forum

My two favorites have to be.. 

"Back in a minute" and "Hang on a sec"

My daughter has just gone to pick Leelah up from playgroup.. as she left she said "back in a minute" it's at least 20 minutes there and 30 minutes back with Leelah jumping in every puddle.. xD

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

"I have read the Terms & Conditions".

Seriously though, "How are you?" - "I'm fine" is probably the biggest lie and the most pointless conversation ever. In fact most of small talk/common courtesy is... 

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

"I have read the Terms & Conditions".

Seriously though, "How are you?" - "I'm fine" is probably the biggest lie and the most pointless conversation ever. In fact most of small talk/common courtesy is... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Seriously though, "How are you?" - "I'm fine" is probably the biggest lie

At least when I say that to people I do it with some conviction, as if I actually mean it... if the missus seems a bit down I ask her how she is and it's followed by the normal "I'm fine" but it's cold and curt then it's normally followed up very quickly with "just hunky dory" and that little bit clues you up to the real situation.. xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"I'm fine" when someone asks "how are you", because you don't want to bother anyone with your problems, and you hate small-talk. At least in my case xD

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha. Great minds...

Just now, nudge said:

Haha. Great minds...

Oder "Zwei Blöde, ein Gedanke" :P

But yea, if you pass someone in the streets you just don't start talking about what's bothering you. I know a guy, when I meet him in the streets he starts talking about his family, his girlfriend, his flat or all that kind of stuff even though I didn't even ask anything. That's how I developed a great vision for what people I might run into from afar, so I can always correct the course and turn into another street or some alley. Or when I meet someone like that in a supermarket, I always stay in the last row of the supermarket until that person is at the checkout. Sometimes that makes my shopping trip 10-15 Minutes longer, but I successfully avoided small-talk, so it's still a win in my book :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That's how I developed a great vision for what people I might run into from afar, so I can always correct the course and turn into another street or some alley. 

If this happens where I see someone I may know but don't want to chat, it's where the phone comes out and there's a fake phone call or I pretend to be so engrossed in my phone and not notice them as I walk past them.

May sound rude but sometimes you just really can't be arsed to chat with people. 

My missus in bed.

"Not tonight babe, I'm tired"

Then spends the next half hour on her phone Facebooking, Twittering and Instagraming.

Good one love. You could have done that for 28 minutes and let me have my 2 minutes at least. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

My missus in bed.

Then spends the next half hour on her phone Facebooking, Twittering and Instagraming.

Good one love. You could have done that for 28 minutes and let me have my 2 minutes at least. 

Was believable until you said 2 minutes. 

Think a lot of yourself with generous thinking like that ;)

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

My missus in bed.

You are my hero. I bow to your sexual prowess and endurance. That's at least 6 times for me.

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Don't do a fake phonecall as knowing my luck I'll forget it's on sound and get a call but I do the fake texting when I can't be arsed.

Wait, there are people who actually have their phones on sound? Astounding :o 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wait, there are people who actually have their phones on sound? Astounding :o 

Sure thing, mine is set to Imperial March to keep everyone away.

Archived