Hertha Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund

Sunday 17th March, 2019
LEverkusen vs Werder Bremen
Frankfurt vs Nurnberg
Bayern Munich vs Mainz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back home to the wind and rain - a combination of over-eating and tears after Tuesday night, although only because I lost my money - I was offered superb odds for a defeat of 8-0 and almost got it correct. I was also offered double the odds for 8-0 and Tedesco's departure so I would have got that wrong but even if he is still there I'm sure Leipzig will seal the coffin! I would not be against the rumour that David Wagner could be coming back to the club.  With very little money and discipline he got my local side here in UK out of a mess and kept them up - again with very little financial help!  His time with Klopp must be an obvious benefit and he knows the Club after his time with us in the mid 90's and there will have to be a wait as he cannot come from Huddersfield without a penalty until the end of the Season.  Despite Tedesco we just might have enough points to stay up, but don't expect many more after that horror of a game on Tuesday.  Both Augsburg and Stuttgart have a chance this weekend so it could get very interesting.  Two poor CL games from the Top 2 this week, but Bayern have the better (easier) task so back to normal by Monday!  Met up with another 04 senior fan so it was not all wasted!B|

Well, that was a crazy match. Could have easily ended 10:8 or 9:9. Wildest match of the season by far. It's a shame that we lost the plot shortly after we conceeded the 1:3. Otherwise we showed a great fighting spirit again, and could have easily lead 2 or even 3-0 after scoring the first goal. It wasn't meant to be. Shame. 

Much better performance - they actually looked as if they wanted to play - sadly Huub lost the plot and wasted a space by bringing on Burgstaller for his last game and McKennie's haircut looks better but doesn't  seem to have affected his game for the better.  Sane was again elephantine but at least the temporary boss will have learned something from today and with Hannover to come things are looking safer!  I thought Rudy looked like his old self and couldn't understand his being subbed!

Question!   The flights from UK to Duss are £80 return at the moment for 2/4 April.  Is anyone planning to go to watch the Pokal in Gelsenkirchen or have ARD spoiled it by showing it live?  Thinking of going, but I would need a shoulder to cry on by 10pm..........

Yesterday I watched St Pauli v Hamburg on BT then 04 v Leipzig on Sky BL2 after seeing young Max get knocked out of the Cup with Palace.  Man City v Swansea was on BT2 with Hertha Dortmund on BT3 but kept switching and with the kick off difference saw all of the last 15 crazy minutes in Berlin and then saw Man U lose to Wolves on BBC.  Sky have Liverpool this lunchtime at the same time as Cottbus and Karlsruhe on Telecom and BT have Leverkusen Bremen so that's gonna be a problem - but BT also have the Frankfurt and Bayern games this afternoon and the Cup game in UK will be rubbish so I will stick with the BL.  What a sad, sad day for my wife (or me) but then Sunday is normally like that.  Having access to most of the TV in Europe has its problems as I will leave the BEin coverage of Italy but BT and they have the PSG game at 8 tonight to round off the day.  Might just find time for Dinner somewhere in there ! Everton Chelsea?  - sorry the Bayern game kicks off 30 minutes later so that will have to take a back seat!

Have a nice day folks!

• Subscriber

Probably our best first half in this season so far. Very disciplined and well organised at the back, and very efficient on the counter. Kruse, Klaassen, Sahin all great but I'm also very impressed with Johannes Eggestein and Marco Friedl. 

I still expect Leverkusen to bounce back and the game is far from over but this is very encouraging.

Nudge happy, but I repeat - Bailey is playing at his best this season, and Gebbri has him under control - that is weakening the Bayer effectiveness.  Sometimes the defenders lose out in the praise lists - wish we had one like him!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived