talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Charles Leclerc Thread 💕

football forum

Looking forward to see what he can do at Ferrari this year. He's the reason I started watching GP2 regularly back then, as I heard so many exciting things about him.

Quite a remarkable story too:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He's a very talented and a very likeable fellow without a doubt and I hope he does well and even wins the WDC one day, but I'm getting seriously fed up with how the media is milking his story. That's not his fault whatsoever, but it's getting pushed a bit too much for my liking. Sure it's tragic, but it's also very personal, intimate and very special, and it kind of starts losing its meaning when it gets repeated over and over again whenever Charles Leclerc is being mentioned...

On topic, I'm also very keen to see him in a Ferrari. I still think it's a risky move as the pressure to perform might be tough for him to handle at such a tender age, although with the changes in higher management, maybe that will change too. He did well for Sauber last season but there were also a few mistakes along the way (understandably so) and I hope the hype around him won't be destructive as he is surely still in the process of learning and improving himself further.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

He's a very talented and a very likeable fellow without a doubt and I hope he does well and even wins the WDC one day, but I'm getting seriously fed up with how the media is milking his story. That's not his fault whatsoever, but it's getting pushed a bit too much for my liking. Sure it's tragic, but it's also very personal, intimate and very special, and it kind of starts losing its meaning when it gets repeated over and over again whenever Charles Leclerc is being mentioned...

Yes and no. The media can go overboard with it, but it's him himself who often mentions Jules and his "Papa" on social media. I think he enjoys the fact that he's doing it for them too, and openly so. But at the same time he's so likable and charismatic that Jules and his father don't overshadow his own persona, IMO. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yes and no. The media can go overboard with it, but it's him himself who often mentions Jules and his "Papa" on social media. I think he enjoys the fact that he's doing it for them too, and openly so. But at the same time he's so likable and charismatic that Jules and his father don't overshadow his own persona, IMO. 

Him talking about his father and Jules openly and dedicating his achievements to them is understandable and I don't think anyone could have anything against it; on a contrary, it's the kind of emotional stuff that people love and that's the reason why the media is going overboard with it as they know what the audience desires. I was deeply touched the first time I heard his story, but am I going to feel the same if pretty much every outlet republishes it again and again? Probably not, as it starts to feel like they are just selling an emotional story to the audience that craves for a fairy tale. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

His team radios showed again how humble he is. When the engineer told him to stay calm and he said "I'll try"... or even apologizing after the race. 

https://streamable.com/nlhjd

https://streamable.com/aymp5

We don't deserve Charles :'(

Especially when it wasn't even his fault :( 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

xD

I've watched his stream a few times, he's honestly such a funny and charming character. I think a lot of people will see him with different eyes after this mess is over. 

Archived