talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2018/19 - Quarter-final Draw

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we got Napoli... with how terrible we are away from home, it's hard to see us going through. Having the home leg first probably makes it better for us and that's where we'll need to get the advantage that sees us through.

Though draw. I think Napoli are second in seria a so maybe this will won't be a priority for them. Hopefully we go through. Though draw though 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Well, we got Napoli... with how terrible we are away from home, it's hard to see us going through.

You've got very pessimistic since Wenger has gone

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Well, we got Napoli... with how terrible we are away from home, it's hard to see us going through.

Frustrating how in the two times we have been in the Europa we have faced the best team knocked into it via the Champions League. We win it last season if not for that weird gimmick. 

Get past Napoli though and I think we make the final. I believe we have every chance.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We were fortunate in this draw, even for the semi's. No easy game but we could have had an tougher draw.

Shambles if you don't make the final now. You've been super strong in this competition, I'd be shocked if you don't get to Baku after that draw. 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If Arsenal can get a goal in Napoli and avoid a spanking, I'd fancy them to turn it round at the Emirates which they seem to be making a fairly strong fortress.

We are at home first now due to being drawn in the same sequence as Chelsea. We got reversed as Chelsea won the cup. Teams can't play in the same city on the same day/week, its why United's fixture was reversed in the CL draw.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I've never gone into any game saying it's a definite win even when Wenger was here.

You were a lot of more positive when Wenger was here though. 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You were a lot of more positive when Wenger was here though. 

Not really. I just didn't pretend like it was the end of the world which probably made me look positive next to others... 

15 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

We are at home first now due to being drawn in the same sequence as Chelsea. We got reversed as Chelsea won the cup. Teams can't play in the same city on the same day/week, its why United's fixture was reversed in the CL draw.

Ah okay. Well then you'll probably need to get a decent lead without conceding in the first game. 2-0 should be enough.

• Administrator

Arsenal could find it tough against Napoli away so the home first leg is really important to get a solid result there. The defence doesn't inspire me in being able to keep a clean sheet so could be some pressure to get more than just a 1-0 if they were to win. 

Good luck to Frankfurt though. Hope they go all the way as I've really enjoyed whenever I've watched them. Luka Jovic is a very good striker they have on their hands. 

37 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not really. I just didn't pretend like it was the end of the world which probably made me look positive next to others... 

Fair enough

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

Arsenal and Chelsea not being allowed to play at home is ridiculous. They're not even that near to each other.

Less congestion on the transport networks though not having them play at home same day.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Less congestion on the transport networks though not having them play at home same day.

That's true but there are plenty of occasions where they and others play. I could understand if it was say, Arsenal and Tottenham, but Arsenal and Chelsea aren't really that near.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived