The better place to talk football.

Christchurch Massacre

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe not important right now but in the whole media narrative it's hardly surprising. 

You can guarantee if it was the other way round and a Muslim shot up people in a church they'd immediately be labelled a terrorist and before you can that, there'd already be rumours of 'Allahu akbar' being said at the time. 

And a copy of his driving licence, CV and utility bill.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I don't see how it's even possible to deny that right wing internet culture breeds terrorism - first incel attacks and now this. 

And it's a far bigger threat in first world countries than any online Islamic recruitment.

Absolutely sickening, horrific scenes. The face of fascism for all the world to see.

Lol don’t quite get your maths there. 

A terrible incident I saw the video absolutely brutal there’s women that have been killed. Absolutely appalling 

This one hurts me more than most recent terror attacks tbh. Not that its surprising but still so saddening to think our society and our culture has produced this person. I feel a greater sense of shame. 

A product of an increasingly polarized world.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

It's difficult to even understand how people get to that point of not just shooting and killing innocent people a few feet away from them, including kids, but also live streaming it at the same time. Absolute psychos.

Saw some people sharing the videos but decided not to press play. Don't need that insanity infecting my brain.

I think its extremely disrespectful to the victims and their families 

Absolutely bizarre how a bunch of Brits are talking about Australia’s racism as if the UK is any different. Reads the Australia with ‘Islam’ and the language reads exactly the same.

Peopla always paasing judgement so quickly on everything. This bloke doesn’t represent Australians

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Absolutely bizarre how a bunch of Brits are talking about Australia’s racism as if the UK is any different. Reads the Australia with ‘Islam’ and the language reads exactly the same.

Peopla always paasing judgement so quickly on everything. This bloke doesn’t represent Australians

It’s not a competition Spike, the UK quite clearly has its own racism problem as has been highlighted quite consistently the last few years through Brexit. That bigotry has been highlighted countless times in the Brexit topic. You’ve not taken offence to that.

Pointing out the inherent individual and systemic racism amongst Australia in a topic regarding a terror attack committed partly by an Australian white supremacist is normal. Much like pointing out the xenophobic and racist agenda of British politicians and media throughout a terror attack carried out on British Muslims is normal.

You taking personal offence whenever Australia’s racism is brought up is not normal.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've not seen anyone talk Australia down here and act as if this one imbecile represents all. 

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Apparently these are the ideas that get you elected as an important legislator in Australia. 

I think New Zealand should be more worried about Australian immigrant terrorists.

What’s your agenda here? That “man” is an absolute cretin as is most of his party. They don’t represent the majority. 

43 minutes ago, Toinho said:

What’s your agenda here? That “man” is an absolute cretin as is most of his party. They don’t represent the majority. 

My agenda is that nobody should be surprised that, when a massive country is founded on the graveyard of an indigenous population , when the survivors of that population are one of the most economically disadvantaged of any developed country, when this country is a hotbed of extreme anti-migrant rhetoric, and that when this country to this day pursues an extreme policy of detaining and abusing refugees and migrants with zero legal accountability to the international community in terms of human rights, that such a society produces an individual who can only understand migration as a struggle for land and genetic survival, and who embraces violent means of dealing with migrants. 

If it's worth anything I think Britain is mostly a racist shithole too. Wasn't aware that was even a point of contention. 

Mass murderers, unless affected by severe genetic neurological issues, don't just come out of nowhere. If anyone gives a shit about limiting the frequency of attacks like this, they should consider what circumstances people like this come from. 

Fuck it - this is absolutely an awful thing to wake up to. 

This is what scares the shit out of my wife when I head to the mosque. What is the purpose of doing shit like this? God my heart breaks for the victims, their families, and NZ. 

Watching the speech from the PM, and well done to her for calling this what it is, a terrorist attack done by the most despicable kinds of humans. 

Just now, Eco said:

This is what scares the shit out of my wife when I head to the mosque. What is the purpose of doing shit like this? God my heart breaks for the victims, their families, and NZ. 

Watching the speech from the PM, and well done to her for calling this what it is, a terrorist attack done by the most despicable kinds of humans. 

Jacinda Adern is a credit to New Zealand, wish we could get her a stint at Downing Street for a gap year or two.

13 minutes ago, Inverted said:

My agenda is that nobody should be surprised that, when a massive country is founded on the graveyard of an indigenous population , when the survivors of that population are one of the most economically disadvantaged of any developed country, when this country is a hotbed of extreme anti-migrant rhetoric, and that when this country to this day pursues an extreme policy of detaining and abusing refugees and migrants with zerolegal accountability to the international community in terms of human rights, that such a society produces an individual who can only understand migration as a struggle for land and genetic survival, and who embraces violent means of dealing with migrants. 

If it's worth anything I think Britain is mostly a racist shithole too. Wasn't aware that was even a point of contention. 

Mass murderers, unless affected by severe genetic neurological issues, don't just come out of nowhere. If anyone gives a shit about limiting the frequency of attacks like this, they should consider what circumstances people like this come from. 

Maybe you could’ve said that first instead of your continued one liners that seemed to insinuate how fucked Australians are 

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Maybe you could’ve said that first instead of your continued one liners that seemed to insinuate how fucked Australians are.

what was your logic for the Norwegian mass murder a few years back?

There is cause for criticism here though mate and cause for us to reflect on some of the trends towards polarization that exist. So much of society today is motivated to get off the couch by anger and once a view is installed in a person it's not too hard to find an echo chamber to jump into where you obsess and insulate yourself further from differing perspectives until you're utterly convinced you're right. 

We need to all think about how to bridge gaps rather than continue to pull away from those we don't agree with.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is cause for criticism here though mate and cause for us to reflect on some of the trends towards polarization that exist. So much of society today is motivated to get off the couch by anger and once a view is installed in a person it's not too hard to find an echo chamber to jump into where you obsess and insulate yourself further from differing perspectives until you're utterly convinced you're right. 

We need to all think about how to bridge gaps rather than continue to pull away from those we don't agree with.

I couldn’t agree more in terms of criticizing. I just think inverted could’ve gone about it a little better that’s all. I don’t disagree with his last post so your post is confusing to me. 

Not once have I defended this piece of shit or claimed things are rosey here. 

Today I do not feel proud to be an Aussie that’s for sure.

Ps. I edited my above post very quickly you must’ve been right into it. Ignore the Norwegian thing - it really isn’t necessary. 

I think we're all guilty of trying to understand where this sort of slaughter comes from, it's just unbelievable to anyone that somebody could go and murder like this. Both sides of the political debate are quick to try and blame the other, there are debates that we need to have about how this happens but I think sometimes we should just reflect on the sheer horror what has happened just on its own. Completely innocent people killed, no long there for, families probably killed together.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think we're all guilty of trying to understand where this sort of slaughter comes from, it's just unbelievable to anyone that somebody could go and murder like this. Both sides of the political debate are quick to try and blame the other, there are debates that we need to have about how this happens but I think sometimes we should just reflect on the sheer horror what has happened just on its own. Completely innocent people killed, no long there for, families probably killed together.

:congrats:

54 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s not a competition Spike, the UK quite clearly has its own racism problem as has been highlighted quite consistently the last few years through Brexit. That bigotry has been highlighted countless times in the Brexit topic. You’ve not taken offence to that.

Pointing out the inherent individual and systemic racism amongst Australia in a topic regarding a terror attack committed partly by an Australian white supremacist is normal. Much like pointing out the xenophobic and racist agenda of British politicians and media throughout a terror attack carried out on British Muslims is normal.

You taking personal offence whenever Australia’s racism is brought up is not normal.

It isn’t my place to be offended for the Brits though. I can’t decide that for you.besides you assume I read the Brexit thread, which I don’t .

I am offended not because Australia’s issues with racism are brought up, I have offence because people generalise Australians as rascist, which includes me so it becomes a personal sleight. That is why I take offence, and I think that is ‘normal’ to be offended when accused of something you aren’t.  People say the semantics matter concerning terrorist/shooter but at the same time they don’t mind their wording with a lot of other issues.

37 minutes ago, Eco said:

You're a Muslim Luke?, shocker, hehe.

R.I.P to all the innocent people that passed away due to this nutter, this is a vicious circle and will probably lead to reprisals from the terrorist Muslim extremists so i'd stay well clear of NZ and OZ for the next couple years.

Archived