talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christchurch Massacre

football forum

6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

You're a Muslim Luke?, shocker, hehe.

R.I.P to all the innocent people that passed away due to this nutter, this is a vicious circle and will probably lead to reprisals from the terrorist Muslim extremists so i'd stay well clear of NZ and OZ for the next couple years.

No, actually I'm not. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Berserker said:

You just go to mosques from time to time then?, i know people who are not into one religion but sometimes go to a church because it makes them feel good, so fair enough.

I go bi-weekly to my local mosque to speak to the Iman, and we just talk about the Quran, Islam, and Arabic culture. 

37 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think we're all guilty of trying to understand where this sort of slaughter comes from, it's just unbelievable to anyone that somebody could go and murder like this. Both sides of the political debate are quick to try and blame the other, there are debates that we need to have about how this happens but I think sometimes we should just reflect on the sheer horror what has happened just on its own. Completely innocent people killed, no long there for, families probably killed together.

I think the issue is that nobody ever commits a terrorist attack and then cites a left wing talking point. 

It's very hard to tackle any issue seriously when a thoroughly one-sided issue is constantly dialled down into talk of moderation and bipartisanship. 

There are people whipping up hate, and there are people who are trying to counter them. 

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

It isn’t my place to be offended for the Brits though. I can’t decide that for you.besides you assume I read the Brexit thread, which I don’t .

I am offended not because Australia’s issues with racism are brought up, I have offence because people generalise Australians as rascist, which includes me so it becomes a personal sleight. That is why I take offence, and I think that is ‘normal’ to be offended when accused of something you aren’t.  People say the semantics matter concerning terrorist/shooter but at the same time they don’t mind their wording with a lot of other issue

No one has generalised all Australians as racist, just that the country has a large problem with racism and that the attacker being Australian is no surprise (same with the rubbish that senator came out with). If you’re taking personal offence to that then that’s you’re own issue.

Either way I’m probably getting too argumentative in a topic that doesn’t need it so I’ll stop there.

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I couldn’t agree more in terms of criticizing. I just think inverted could’ve gone about it a little better that’s all. I don’t disagree with his last post so your post is confusing to me. 

Not once have I defended this piece of shit or claimed things are rosey here. 

Today I do not feel proud to be an Aussie that’s for sure.

Ps. I edited my above post very quickly you must’ve been right into it. Ignore the Norwegian thing - it really isn’t necessary. 

My bad. I got that sense that it was stinging you to see his nationality highlighted. My point was that it should sting a d it's true so why not highlight it. 

In addition thi other things this gives me a sense of how muslims surely feel when there is an Islamic terror attack. Shame. Sadness. Frustrated at all the raised eyebrows staring at you waiting for you to condemn the attack as if you might not. A sort of expectation that you should maybe apologize as a fellow Muslim. It would be pretty galling. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

1 shooter and Australia are now prolific evil terrorists and Pew Die Pie is a global threat to mankind 

Man, this must be how the arabs feelxD

Thought this was already widely accepted just by how shite his patter is. But tbh I think his fans are more concerned about defending him than people are with blaming him. Pewdiepie-type humour is definitely present in online circles like the shooter was active in, but beyond that coexistence of interests I don't think anyone can say there's a real influence. There's plenty of places to get racist propaganda besides Pewdiepie occasionally bumping far-right talking heads.

And @IgnisExcubitor I don't think there's much to be learned by comparing cold-war style insurgents with modern spree shooters in terms of motive or methods.  Like I wouldn't say the Contras tell us much about the modern far-right.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Trumps response will be interesting. His frequent inflammatory rhetoric is surely going to create a talking point of hypocrisy over any condemnation he might make. 

He already responded. 

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

And @IgnisExcubitor I don't think there's much to be learned by comparing cold-war style insurgents with modern spree shooters in terms of motive or methods.  Like I wouldn't say the Contras tell us much about the modern far-right.

An Indian should be the last person you should tell that. Like most things, Naxals (or as we also call them Maoists) function and have adapted themselves to newer ways - from combat, attacks and literature. You can also add the concept of trying to turn impressionable minds towards their cause by hating the other side and even religions(Hinduism in this case) in ways similar to this. They engineer several such attacks here, but you will rarely hear about it. 

I can even name KCP, NSCN, and a whole host of predominantly left wing terrorists that exist in North East India. 

Extremism and this kind of monstrosity is not specific to any ideology. The sooner we accept that, instead of trying to build this as a problem specific to right wing, the better it will be for us. 

Apparently they have announced they will step up security in Britain because of what has happened. Some people are saying they never did with Muslim terrorist attacks even though they did. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think we're all guilty of trying to understand where this sort of slaughter comes from, it's just unbelievable to anyone that somebody could go and murder like this. Both sides of the political debate are quick to try and blame the other, there are debates that we need to have about how this happens but I think sometimes we should just reflect on the sheer horror what has happened just on its own. Completely innocent people killed, no long there for, families probably killed together.

The issue is some peoples inability to disguises between a everyday Muslim and a terrorist. I know several people who would probably laugh at this.  The problem I think is people with different ideas just not talking or listening to eachother.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The issue is some peoples inability to disguises between a everyday Muslim and a terrorist. 

No, the only issue are people generalising an entire culture/religion based on acts of extremists. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No, the only issue are people generalising an entire culture/religion based on acts of extremists. 

Isn't that what I said?

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Isn't that what I said?

No. You are insinuating there is a differentiation with how terrorists and Muslims look. Unless I'm mistaken. 

Have you seen those that go to Mecca? Are they all terrorists because they dress that way?

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No. You are insinuating there is a differentiation with how terrorists and Muslims look. Unless I'm mistaken. 

Have you seen those that go to Mecca? Are they all terrorists because they dress that way?

No I wasn't on about how they look. I meant that some people think because some Muslim's are terrorists they all are.

50 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Extremist mentality. Muslim's attacked us. Let's go and kill a load of Muslim's who had nothing to do with it

Radical right wingers in the west can be brainwashed to do the same as radical right wingers in the Middle East. Just like the internet has been weaponised as a propaganda and recruitment tool for groups like ISIS, in the last few years we’ve seen the western right use the same tactics with great effect

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think he’s saying people see Muslims and assume they’re all terrorists. Then you get the idiots that think “well they’re all terrorists, let’s go shoot up their training centre/mosque”

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Radical right wingers in the west can be brainwashed to do the same as radical right wingers in the Middle East. Just like the internet has been weaponised as a propaganda and recruitment tool for groups like ISIS, in the last few years we’ve seen the western right use the same tactics with great effect

I think he’s saying people see Muslims and assume they’re all terrorists. Then you get the idiots that think “well they’re all terrorists, let’s go shoot up their training centre/mosque”

You get that a lot of people like that. It's ridiculous really in this day and age. I was saying to my dad the other day that if someone like Hitler got into power and said exterminate all the Muslim's you'd be surprised how many people would supplort it 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

No one has generalised all Australians as racist, just that the country has a large problem with racism and that the attacker being Australian is no surprise (same with the rubbish that senator came out with). If you’re taking personal offence to that then that’s you’re own issue.

Either way I’m probably getting too argumentative in a topic that doesn’t need it so I’ll stop there.

Whether they have or not, as we spoke about earlier the semantics are important and clumsy wording creates different dialogue.

Another side point, where do differentiate what Britain did in Australia and what Australians did? 1901? Maybe their is no distinction and the UK and Australia are two sides of the same coin...

Anyway, I feel this incident more than any other in Oz and NZ history, maybe because I know so many NZers and consider them so important to us, but man I sincerely feel sad this time around. Fucked up beyond words. I imagine this is how we as a nation felt after Port Arthur.

Archived