talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christchurch Massacre

football forum

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You get that a lot of people like that. It's ridiculous really in this day and age. I was saying to my dad the other day that if someone like Hitler got into power and said exterminate all the Muslim's you'd be surprised how many people would supplort it 

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Most people vote based on feelings rather than sense, and the feeling of fearing the unknown or "they're different so they must be bad" gets exploited very easily.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Jesus christ 

You should keep reading his statement...

said Fraser Anning, a far-right independent senator from Queensland, “may have been the victims today; usually they are the perpetrators.”

He's a disgrace to the human race. 

"They". This whole us versus them thing is ridiculous. Why can't humans judge individual people based on their actions? There are good people and bad people in the world...their religion/race/whatever has nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Extremist mentality. Muslim's attacked us. Let's go and kill a load of Muslim's who had nothing to do with it

It’s circular. This will cause action in some Muslims groups, which will cause retaliation from other groups, which will cause retaliation from the former, ad nauseum.

It is like children claiming ‘but they started it’!

People are capable of tremendous evil regardless of age, gender, culture, religion, or nationality. Also tremendous good.

Deep breath, exhale, say to myself: "People, ideas or social practices I disapprove are not necessarily responsible for this tragedy". 

10 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is a clear act of terrorism. Absolutely terrible incident. 

Apparently the Bangladeshi cricket team bus was not far from the mosque. 

EDIT : Test match is cancelled. 

Just saw the videos. Horrifying. The terrorist has named Pewdiepie in one of the videos. Instead of going after the real cause watch the idiot media ruin the Youtuber or other Conservative handles. 

In my opinion, linking their manifestos to well-known and controversial personalities is a tactic the terrorists use to ensure mainstream media will publicize their idiot ideas. They know MSM hates people like Pewdiepie and Donald Trump and will use it against them, therefore giving more publicity to their acts. 

Narcissistic, cruel, selfish young men who believe they are brilliant and that society does not give them the reward they deserve, be it financial, social status or sexual; are an old problem. One could say Raskolnikov, for example, fits the profile. Yet, our societies seem to be ill-equipped to tackle this problem. In my opinion, young men need to be taught humility, strong principles and stoicism. Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Whether they have or not, as we spoke about earlier the semantics are important and clumsy wording creates different dialogue.

Another side point, where do differentiate what Britain did in Australia and what Australians did? 1901? Maybe their is no distinction and the UK and Australia are two sides of the same coin...

Anyway, I feel this incident more than any other in Oz and NZ history, maybe because I know so many NZers and consider them so important to us, but man I sincerely feel sad this time around. Fucked up beyond words. I imagine this is how we as a nation felt after Port Arthur.

I would say two sides of the same coin, it's so sad reading about the colonisation of Australia. And not just what happened to indigenous Australians, but convicts as well. The treatment the indigenous Australians face today is just a carry on of the white upper class rule that began. These days I think it would be beneficial for this country to recognise the wrongs it has done throughout the years, to shake off the the pride in our colonial era and the "Rule Britannia" mentality a lot still seem to have over here. But the UK doesn't recognise the horrors it has caused in Ireland, let alone the rest of the world.

I went to New Zealand a year ago and I honestly don't get how anything bad could ever happen there. It is the most peaceful place I've ever been to.

Clearly I'm not right because of these events, and I'm no expert but religion is so dangerous. I have a few family members who are religious but I'd rather stay out of it. I'm not an atheist but I try to not get involved in those discussions.

Christchurch always seems to be the one in danger. Shame really. RIP to the victims.

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

1 shooter and Australia are now prolific evil terrorists and Pew Die Pie is a global threat to mankind 

Man, this must be how the arabs feelxD

I am not a consistent watcher of Pewdiepie, but I genuinely don't think his comments are enough to start world war 3.

The thing with Pewdiepie is he's a clueless, extremely rich white guy from a comfortable background, who I sincerely believe is not a bad person, but who is very happy to give a massive platform to some extremely dodgy people and their views if he thinks it will be funny or get attention. And he's very reluctant to think deeply about the kind of responsibility that he has. 

When you have tens of millions of followers it's not good enough to share dangerous stuff and brush it off as a joke. 

But as I said, the reference the killer made to Pewdiepie was more just a natural coincidence of him being an extremely online, reclusive type of guy and naturally being steeped in that kind of humour. Hardly a serious factor in his radicalisation. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What the fuck is a Pewdiepie 

Gaming youtuber who went from uploading videos of himself playing horror games, to generic comedy channel, to weird edgy, vaguely political internet movement with 100 million followers. 

I don't see how you can link PewDiePie to the attack simply because he isn't extremely, extremely careful with what he says when it comes to making jokes. People that seriously push the moronic idea of a "white genocide" or bigoted, hate preachers of any sort are a more real problem.

Fundamental to all of this is the collapse of education in the Western world. People are just stupid now, even people with degrees and supposed standing barely know anything about anything and are incapable of intelligent discussion. 

Human beings will end within 200 years and we deserve it. Greedy, selfish and stupid. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've never seen any of his content

Me neither and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything either, so no loss there.

Archived