Alpine F1 Team

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Renault are exploring options outside of Hülkenberg as his contract expires at the end of this season.

https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/248730/renault-exploring-options-outside-hulkenberg-for-2020

If they decide to promote one of their junior drivers, hope it's Zhou. 

Not too shocking really. Nico has been getting beat consistently by Danny in Qualifying.

Surely going to be either Zhou or Herbert. Would have to say Zhou with the year he's having in F2. 

So last year Renault finished as the 'best of the rest', just ahead of Haas and McLaren. 

This year McLaren has really had a strong start, whereas Haas are having a dreadful start to the year. Sainz is absolutely having an incredible year, and Lando is keeping pace with Danny and Nico. Will be bad news if Renault lose their spot as the 4th place come years end. 

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Eco said:

Not too shocking really. Nico has been getting beat consistently by Danny in Qualifying.

Surely going to be either Zhou or Herbert. Would have to say Zhou with the year he's having in F2. 

Hubert is having a great season as a rookie as well so he could definitely be an option as well if they decide to take this path.

Ocon could make sense as well... Young french driver in a french team.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

By the way are you a Renault fan now? :D 

I'm a Danny fan - and since he drives for Renault...

Renault is also French, and since I like France (not Paris, though), French football, wine, and speaking moderately decent French, they are a good one to like. 

Also, they seem like a solid F1 staple, but really having Ricciardo makes me like them even more. 

Absolute shit weekend. Nico and Daniel were both non-existent and seemed to be losing pace on the straightaways. McLaren is really showing strides over last year, with two drivers that both did well this weekend, and Renault is struggling more than they were last year, despite having a top driver in Ricciardo. 

Renault will need to pick up points next race in GB..where they were also unable to pick in this race last year.

• Subscriber

Their car suffers from aero stability issues; both drivers were complaining about lack of balance (especially at the rear), poor handling, even worse breaking.

The chassis is just crap it seems.

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Their car suffers from aero stability issues; both drivers were complaining about lack of balance (especially at the rear), poor handling, even worse breaking.

The chassis is just crap it seems.

Is this a common issue that's lasted years, or just this year? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Is this a common issue that's lasted years, or just this year? 

Last year engine reliability was by far a much bigger problem; whereas their chassis seemed ok (but not extremely good) compared to their current one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Eco said:

That sums up our weekend our season quite well. 

There, corrected it for you! :ph34r:

Also it's another two Renault engine failures. One for Ricciardo, one for Norris. Reliability wise, they still seem to fail to improve significantly. McLaren at least have a good chassis...

2 hours ago, nudge said:

There, corrected it for you! :ph34r:

Also it's another two Renault engine failures. One for Ricciardo, one for Norris. Reliability wise, they still seem to fail to improve significantly. McLaren at least have a good chassis...

Yeah - so this is my first F1 season...so I'm not sure what the expectations were....

Really hope this gets fixed though...is there a limit on how many changes you can make to an engine? (Like there are with PU's)

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Really hope this gets fixed though...is there a limit on how many changes you can make to an engine? (Like there are with PU's)

Engine (ICE) is part of the PU, 3 ICEs are allowed per driver throughout the season. All elements of the PU have slightly different allocations; namely a driver can use 3 turbochargers, 3 MGU-H (generator that recovers and stores energy from the turbo), 2 MGU-K (generator that recovers and stores energy from the braking system), 2 energy stores (basically lithium ion batteries) and 2 electronic control units per season without incurring any grid penalties.

On 29/07/2019 at 18:25, nudge said:

First changes at Renault:

Saw this earlier this week, but I'm not familiar with Proust. Hopefully it's a good move as this year as been really rough. 

I'm hoping the reliability improves, and the more I get my head around F1, and understand, I hope that there is a move soon to sign Ocon and drop Nico. A pairing of Ocon & Ricciardo would be tasty, and bring some additional prestige to this team. Despite having some F2 drivers that will move up soon, most notably Zhou, I still think a pairing of Ocon and Danny would have the best case scenario.  

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Saw this earlier this week, but I'm not familiar with Proust. Hopefully it's a good move as this year as been really rough. 

I'm hoping the reliability improves, and the more I get my head around F1, and understand, I hope that there is a move soon to sign Ocon and drop Nico. A pairing of Ocon & Ricciardo would be tasty, and bring some additional prestige to this team. Despite having some F2 drivers that will move up soon, most notably Zhou, I still think a pairing of Ocon and Danny would have the best case scenario.  

Why would you want Nico gone though?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Eco said:

Alain Prost. A four-time F1 champion, Senna's rival, one of the best drivers in F1 history :P 

If you believe Nico Rosberg (I don't) then he just said on German TV that Ocon takes Bottas place at Mercedes next year...

• The title was changed to Alpine F1 Team

Archived