talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alpine F1 Team

football forum

I like Hulk, but it's sadly looking like he'll have a career without any wins and I'm not even sure he's finished on the podium before, so I hope he gets a seat next year if it is true that Ocon is joining Renualt. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I like Hulk, but it's sadly looking like he'll have a career without any wins and I'm not even sure he's finished on the podium before, so I hope he gets a seat next year if it is true that Ocon is joining Renualt. 

Well, he never got a chance at a top team when he was younger because of his height/weight :( 

Just now, Tommy said:

Well, he never got a chance at a top team when he was younger because of his height/weight :( 

I heard that. I don't see anything physically different about him though. Is he too big and too tall? 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I heard that. I don't see anything physically different about him though. Is he too big and too tall? 

No, he's at a shitty team :P And he has been at mediocre team too long that people forgot what a hot shot he once was, plus more exciting youngstars have entered F1 in the meantime. He had a pretty unlucky career in F1, I'd say. But I hope he still achieves that podium one day. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

No, he's at a shitty team :P And he has been at mediocre team too long that people forgot what a hot shot he once was, plus more exciting youngstars have entered F1 in the meantime. He had a pretty unlucky career in F1, I'd say. But I hope he still achieves that podium one day. 

you said he never got a chance because of his height/weight? 

I asked if he is considered too tall and/or too heavy? 

You reply with the above :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Eco said:

I asked if he is considered too tall and/or too heavy? 

Nope, they loosened the weight limit a bit, but as I said, now there are other factors. He's no longer considered a top driver as he wants was because he has been at midfielder teams for too long now, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope, they loosened the weight limit a bit, but as I said, now there are other factor. He's no longer considered a top driver as he wants was because he has been at midfielder teams for too long now, IMO. 

Yeah. 

As for the team, you have to understand that they are in crisis mode, Last finishing as the 'best of the rest' in 4th, a lot of praise and momentum gonig into this year with signing Riccarido, and now Renault are sitting 6th, miles behind McLaren in 4th. Haas is still having the worst year so far, but Renault is probably right behind them. 

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still the only Le Mans winner on the whole current grid B| You know;  just THE toughest motor race in the world. 

Porsche-confirms-LMP1-programme-up-to-en

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

So, if you two were in charge @nudge and @Tommy, what would you do? 

Keep both, or move to a young talent like Ocon? 

I'd keep both and built a decent car. Is Ocon really THAT talented? Sure he's good, but both seasons he finished behind his teammate. Although Checo is a hell of a driver, and Esteban was relatively new. But still.. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd keep both and built a decent car. Is Ocon really THAT talented? Sure he's good, but both seasons he finished behind his teammate. Although Checo is a hell of a driver, and Esteban was relatively new. But still.. 

I didn't mean he's the best young talent, but he is a younger talent and that seems like something a lot of F1 teams are doing. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Eco said:

So, if you two were in charge @nudge and @Tommy, what would you do? 

Keep both, or move to a young talent like Ocon? 

Yeah I think it doesn't make much difference who sits in the car at this point; they need to sort the car first. I'd personally get rid of Abiteboul first and try to assemble a competent team if I was in charge.

Renault going for Ocon is understandable; a French driver in a French works team and all that jazz. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The rumours are starting...

Formula One company documents have revealed that French auto maker Renault could leave the sport at the end of next year despite multiple media reports claiming it is the only outfit which has committed to race beyond 2020.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2019/09/02/no-assurance-renault-will-stay-in-f1-after-next-year/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

EGw8QNwW4AEIrrP?format=png&name=900x900

Renault might be in real trouble here. Racing Point's protest has been accepted and it being a 12-page dossier likely means they've been onto them for quite a while so it's probably safe to assume that they're onto something at least.

FIA already moved to seal and impound the steering wheels and electronic control units of both Renault cars in preparation for a detailed analysis of them, as well as analysis of associated hardware, software and data.

Exciting times; a bit surprised people aren't talking more about it considering we haven't had illegal car allegations for quite a long time now :D Juicy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's "milder" than other theories I've read. 

Because FIA's findings are a bit weird. Essentially they are saying that the system itself is exploiting grey areas but is not directly a breach of the technical regulations but the use of it is a breach of sporting regulations xD :what: Hence a mild punishment I suppose.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Because FIA's findings are a bit weird. Essentially they are saying that the system itself is exploiting grey areas but is not directly a breach of the technical regulations but the use of it is a breach of sporting regulations xD :what: Hence a mild punishment I suppose.

Let's hope they don't find Ferrari's "grey areas" :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Alpine F1 Team

Archived