talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 17th March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team did well after a tough midweek fixture. Fulham didn't offer a lot. 

I won't blame Van Dijk, despite the header being a touch soft. The pitch had become a bit soggy by then and caused the ball to further slow down. 

Mane has been plain brilliant so far. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Mane does his leg in while walking the dog or reaching for the remote liverpool are proper fucked. 

At this point yes. But over the season form of the front 3 has ebbed and flowed. Firmino though is due a purple patch. 

As things stand with summer approaching the front 3 might be the area most in need of strengthening after some depth in quality at CB.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mane equals Suarez’s 7 goals in 7 games, a better streak than that absolute dickhead Owen’s 6 in 6 for us.

Can he go full Torres for 8 goals in 8 consecutive matches?

why the hate with Owen?

• Subscriber

I'll take that performance over losing to Fulham and unnecessarily applying pressure on ourselves. You could argue anything about that goal they got but the keeper is the one that has to do better there. Make the call, tell your defender you're coming out and VVD can use his body to keep Babel away for a bit while Alisson takes charge of the situation. Still, we got lucky that their keeper decided to lose his composure and we move up to the top of the table for now. 

I don't really care what anyone is saying about Salah because its easy to forget that when he went on his blistering run Sadio was finding it hard to keep his form up and this after a cracking start to that season as well. What I am happy about is that our front three are inter-changing responsibilities and that's more useful than having to rely on one person for all your goals. We need to find a way to manage these kinds of games better because there was no reason for Fulham to even get the chances they got so that's something to take away from all this. 

Not sure what the deal is with the accumulated cards but I think Fabinho is close to having to sit a game out sometime soon?

Archived