8. Copenhagan, Denmark
  9. Geneva, Switzerland
  10. Basel, Switzerland 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like a list for rich people. 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Won it 7 years in a row from some other index. Wonder what it came in this Mercer list thing. 

It said only two cities outside Europe placed in the top 40 Vancouver and Auckland. So I guess below 40. 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

This looks like a list for rich people. 

It said only two cities outside Europe placed in the top 40 Vancouver and Auckland. So I guess below 40. 

Crazy! 

@Tommywhat makes Düsseldorf so good do you think? 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Crazy! 

@Tommywhat makes Düsseldorf so good do you think? 

First of all it's a beautiful city. We have a good public transportation system, one of the biggest Airports of Germany, some of the finest Restaurants of the country and of course the fancy pants "Königsallee" which is a street with many shopping opportunities, where some of the most famous designers and brands have their stores. Not my cup of tea, but interesting nontheless.

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

The European ones only have old buildings so they're not that great and all the same. 

Honestly mate that aspect of Europe is the envy of the rest of the world. The history just emanates into the soul as you explore those places. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly mate that aspect of Europe is the envy of the rest of the world. The history just emanates into the soul as you explore those places. 

Was mocking @Blue

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The envy is the discipline, order and stability you guys have plus the marketing that is done of European history through media, video games movies etc.

There are great places to see outside of Europe that have far older and richer history that have unfortunately been bombed like Syria, Iraq and most of Middle East or they have been designated as not safe places to visit like Iran etc   

Depressingly never been to any of them. Switzerland is definitely somewhere I hope to go to soon. Got 2 weeks off work in September and going to go to a few European cities. Planning on the Dam for a couple of days to start and then might just book up the others from there. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Depressingly never been to any of them. Switzerland is definitely somewhere I hope to go to soon. Got 2 weeks off work in September and going to go to a few European cities. Planning on the Dam for a couple of days to start and then might just book up the others from there. 

Liveable doesn't mean that much for a tourist tbh tho mate.  Quality of healthcare education and even public transport isn't that relevant. 

19 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Of the top 10, I've only been to Copenhagen. Really liked the place myself, though it was pricey. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

How come?

I should probably qualify my statement by saying, I was bored in Switzerland as a tourist... with my family as a kid. So it didn't seem all that fun to me. It's a very pretty place though, but it wasn't as cool as other trips I'd been on with my family to France and Italy - not really sure why and it could be because I was a kid and didn't really fully appreciate the country.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I should probably qualify my statement by saying, I was bored in Switzerland as a tourist... with my family as a kid. So it didn't seem all that fun to me. It's a very pretty place though, but it wasn't as cool as other trips I'd been on with my family to France and Italy - not really sure why and it could be because I was a kid and didn't really fully appreciate the country.

Fair enough... Frankly, the only issue I see with Switzerland is how expensive it is :7_sweat_smile: Other than that, I think it's a great country to visit.

Archived