talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most liveable cities 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

To me it seems boring for everyone, very peaceful quiet and safe, but ultimately boring. What's there to do apart from skying and hitting a bar for a few drinks?

I mean what else do you want to do? :D 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean what else do you want to do? :D 

Well for sure partying and drinking are one of my favourite things to do, but till what hour do pubs remain open to there? my presumption is not for long as i think people go to sleep relatively early in these parts of the world. For example in Buenos Aires which is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to having fun clubs remain open till 7/8am same with bars.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Well for sure partying and drinking are one of my favourite things to do, but till what hour do pubs remain open to there? my presumption is not for long as i think people go to sleep relatively early in these parts of the world. For example in Buenos Aires which is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to having fun clubs remain open till 7/8am same with bars.

Oh from my experience 3-4am in the morning... and that's away from the big cities. Funnily enough I currently have a job offer in CH and I'm considering it as the salary is about twice as much as what I currently earn so I'm definitely tempted but at the same time I want to keep my highly flexible job... decisions decisions...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh from my experience 3-4am in the morning... and that's away from the big cities. Funnily enough I currently have a job offer in CH and I'm considering it as the salary is about twice as much as what I currently earn so I'm definitely tempted but at the same time I want to keep my highly flexible job... decisions decisions...

Not bad for a small town, what about Zurich, Geneva and the likes? And also from my perspective German people/people with a mostly German background are very serious, structured and not very "lively"or open to meet new people, of course not all of them but i'd think most fit in that description, what do you think about that? And where's CH?

• Subscriber

That really annoys me as well because I can earn 4000-5000 a month easily but I'm still undecided because I've gotten so comfortable with my current way of life and I'm not particularly interested in going back to Europe after all this time but the money is worth it. Not sure how to continue to be fair.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Not bad for a small town, what about Zurich, Geneva and the likes? And also from my perspective German people/people with a mostly German background are very serious, structured and not very "lively"or open to meet new people, of course not all of them but i'd think most fit in that description, what do you think about that? And where's CH?

Oh the Swiss are very different in my opinion. Only a part of them has German background anyway and even then you can hardly understand the language haha. Zürich, Geneva and Basel have plenty of nightlife that's even to much for me; most of the clubs are very selective too. Lucerne is the best for me personally. 

CH=Switzerland :) 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

And now  I want to come to Buenos Aires as well...

Hehe, there are really lots, lots of things to do and for every people, many book-stores, bars, pubs, lots of theatres (the best in the world in the Colón among them) that remain open to 2/3am, cinemas, clubs, very open and friendly people. Definitely for an European tourist is a great place to visit.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Hehe, there are really lots, lots of things to do and for every people, many book-stores, bars, pubs, lots of theatres (the best in the world in the Colón among them) that remain open to 2/3am, cinemas, clubs, very open and friendly people. Definitely for an European tourist is a great place to visit.

I'll remind you of this once I decide to visit hehe :D 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

That really annoys me as well because I can earn 4000-5000 a month easily but I'm still undecided because I've gotten so comfortable with my current way of life and I'm not particularly interested in going back to Europe after all this time but the money is worth it. Not sure how to continue to be fair.

Well, you could go for a few years, save and then start a business in Asia and stay there for ever if you want. :P I know the Swiss have one of the highest standards of living in the world if not the best, that's for sure.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh the Swiss are very different in my opinion. Only a part of them has German background anyway and even then you can hardly understand the language haha. Zürich, Geneva and Basel have plenty of nightlife that's even to much for me; most of the clubs are very selective too. Lucerne is the best for me personally. 

CH=Switzerland :) 

Fair enough, and yeah i know there's also a decent amount of Swiss with Italian and French heritage. Should give it a try for myself sometime!

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'll remind you of this once I decide to visit hehe :D 

For sure, i'll guide you even if i'm not there anymore hehe.

Archived