• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Tourism Rankings

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

What is it based on? France 1st and Norway 50th makes me think that this list is laughable and totally stupid.

It's a fact based list. Based on how many international tourists they receive per year.

19 hours ago, nudge said:

Here's the latest report with more up to date data from  2017 from UN World Tourism Organization: https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/pdf/10.18111/9789284419876

It's worth noting that it's just the numbers of arrivals and money generated by tourists; not a ranking of which countries are "better" to visit.

3LIhkfu.png

5ZRWVv8.png

Interesting data! Thought Thailand would be higher. 

21 hours ago, nudge said:

Here's the latest report with more up to date data from  2017 from UN World Tourism Organization: https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/pdf/10.18111/9789284419876

It's worth noting that it's just the numbers of arrivals and money generated by tourists; not a ranking of which countries are "better" to visit.

3LIhkfu.png

5ZRWVv8.png

Anywhere I can see the full list? In 2015 we had less visitors than Syria, which I'm aware is a very historic nation but it's in bloody war. Unacceptable from our side.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

Anywhere I can see the full list? In 2015 we had less visitors than Syria, which I'm aware is a very historic nation but it's in bloody war. Unacceptable from our side.

Yeah in that pdf file I linked to...

I see we are still 4th in South America. I think that is fair though. Argentina and Brazil are the big dogs, meanwhile Chile has the Patagonia and the Atacama. Hard to match them especially when we're so shit at getting other wonders that isn't Machu Pichu out there.

There is honestly so much to do in Peru but we are terrible at getting us out there. We have some of the best food in the world, and yet I never see us in any lists regarding that. No one talks about Huacachina or Colca until they are actually here. It's always about Cusco.

2 minutes ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

The only reason to visit Peru is to indulge in some of the finest cocaine on the planet, nowt else there.

To be fair, there aren't as many shitholes like Newcastle here :D 

10 hours ago, Blue said:

I see we are still 4th in South America. I think that is fair though. Argentina and Brazil are the big dogs, meanwhile Chile has the Patagonia and the Atacama. Hard to match them especially when we're so shit at getting other wonders that isn't Machu Pichu out there.

There is honestly so much to do in Peru but we are terrible at getting us out there. We have some of the best food in the world, and yet I never see us in any lists regarding that. No one talks about Huacachina or Colca until they are actually here. It's always about Cusco.

From Australians I know Peru would be the #1 destination in South America for us with Brazil a distant second. 

Archived