talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 02: Bahrain

football forum

I know I've posted jokingly about Nico Rosberg being a YouTuber, but this is actually such a great analysis of the race: 

Okay, for the German speaking people, he even explained it better and more specifically in German:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know I've posted jokingly about Nico Rosberg being a YouTuber, but this is actually such a great analysis of the race: 

Okay, for the German speaking people, he even explained it better and more specifically in German:

From a World Champion to a youtube clickbaiter, what a downfall... 

Seriously though, the info about the clutch at the start was interesting, the rest not so much. From someone with his racing background I'd expect more technical input and actual insight than just a summary of what happened during the race. And BILD-Zeitung? Ugh. 

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yes, it was a nice gesture, but at least 50% of it was for the media and the cameras around him. Lewis is a real nice guy, he was, at least when he started out. But now he wants to become some sort of Hollywood celebrity so that you have to take every action of him with a pinch of salt. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-6873419/Lewis-Hamilton-backs-Sebastian-Vettel-respond-latest-mistake.html

• Subscriber

What's mad is that in 2010 the exact same thing happened to Vettel in the Red Bull. Leading comfortably before a weird failure that didn't force him to retire but cost him seconds a lap late in the race. Resulted in Alonso leading a Ferrari 1-2 on his debut for the team and in Massa's first race after returning from that bump on the head. Vettel finished 4th on that occasion.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Unedited/censored Teamradio from Charles Leclerc's engine troubles:

What a struggle. Poor kid. But still humble and a real team player at the end. 

It's mad how complicated these cars are nowadays. Even spacecraft launches seem less complicated than this stuff xD 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Him constantly saying sorry at the end was a bit weird though, needs to grow a pair.

What else is he supposed to say? It's just how he is, and I think that makes him likable. He felt sorry for his team, just as they felt sorry for him. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Nothing, or perhaps state that it's a race thrown away and unacceptable. Saying sorry basically admits ownership which it wasn't in Charles case, the Ferrari screwed him over. 

I get what you're saying, but he's still young an likely working with a lot of people that he's been looking up to for years. Will take him getting some experience before he's probably comfortable speaking more bluntly about the issues. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I get what you're saying, but he's still young an likely working with a lot of people that he's been looking up to for years. Will take him getting some experience before he's probably comfortable speaking more bluntly about the issues. 

Oh Eco.

Archived