talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VB/77

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Valtteri, and I felt sorry for him last season. He had some terrible luck and I think his confidence and motivation suffered from it. I knew something would be different about him this season as I followed him on social media. He posted a lot of pictures from his travels that looked like he did some soul cleansing and I hope it works out for him in the long run. Stepping out of that wingman shadow and seriously challenging Lewis for the title would totally redeem his career, as many people already wrote him off before the season started. 

The Bottas family are a likable bunch:

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Time will tell. Of course it's odd that he's suddenly 20 seconds faster than his 5 time World Champion teammate, and it can't be attributed just to "the new Bottas". But maybe he'll be able to still challenge and eventually beat Lewis in the next few races. 

• Subscriber

It's just one race but Bottas thoroughly deserved it; much better start than Lewis and then made no mistakes whatsoever during the race. "The new Bottas" is just an exaggeration and a bit of a (social) media gimmick anyway but maybe he did need an arse kick to regain motivation and ambition to start taking more risks and prove his critics wrong. If he can keep it up it will only make this season more interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I like Bottas and I rate him above most drivers on the grid apart from the obvious handful, he's worthy of that seat and obviously works really well as a team mate to Lewis, you never hear of much disruption. However, for the sake of the viewers, if he's not able to seriously challenge Hamilton this season I hope they put someone in the car who will make things a bit more interesting.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I like Bottas and I rate him above most drivers on the grid apart from the obvious handful, he's worthy of that seat and obviously works really well as a team mate to Lewis, you never hear of much disruption. However, for the sake of the viewers, if he's not able to seriously challenge Hamilton this season I hope they put someone in the car who will make things a bit more interesting.

Nice guy but a flash in the pan driver who puts in a great race or 2 in now and then. Need someone who can challenge Lewis for the sake of viewers, especially if Merc are to dominate again next season.

• Subscriber

He's the perfect #2 driver for Mercedes; as Rando said he doesn't cause any disruption, there are no ego clashes and he is good and consistent enough to regularly bring points by finishing on the podium. Mercedes definitely know his worth for the team; the question is for how much longer will Lewis be hanging around though? They'll need to have someone talented replacing him in a few years time at the latest and they might sacrifice Bottas to sign Lewis' future successor earlier if they have to. 

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

They'll need to have someone talented replacing him in a few years time 

George Russell. It really is a shame that he's talents are currently wasted in that Williams shitbox. He still consistently beats Kubica, if you can even consider him a benchmark. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

George Russell. It really is a shame that he's talents are currently wasted in that Williams shitbox. He still consistently beats Kubica, if you can even consider him a benchmark. 

Russell is class and I hope he gets a chance to prove it at Mercedes, but at the moment it's still very hard to judge if he's talented enough to win championships. Hope he gets a better seat next season...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Russell is class and I hope he gets a chance to prove it at Mercedes, but at the moment it's still very hard to judge if he's talented enough to win championships. Hope he gets a better seat next season...

Mercedes has a very weird Junior Program. Wehrlein, Ocon, and the best they could do for Russell was a Williams seat. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Mercedes has a very weird Junior Program. Wehrlein, Ocon, and the best they could do for Russell was a Williams seat. 

True... but then it's also very hard to get a seat in F1 - even more so for rookies, to be honest. 

• Subscriber

Kudos on Russell, feel sorry for him, beat Norris last season only to be in a shit-box this season. Would love him vs Lewis, next season, another young Brit who I hope rises. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived