talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VB/77

football forum

• Subscriber
On 28/11/2019 at 13:02, Tommy said:

WDC 2020 confirmed. Shame though. They were a nice couple. 

I know there's a huge set of factors influencing any relationship but this is just one example of why increasing the number of races to 25 in one season is not a good idea. And it's not just the drivers; the mechanics and other member of the team "behind the curtain" have to spend even more time away from home and it can put a serious strain on a relationship or a marriage.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nudge said:

I know there's a huge set of factors influencing any relationship but this is just one example of why increasing the number of races to 25 in one season is not a good idea. And it's not just the drivers; the mechanics and other member of the team "behind the curtain" have to spend even more time away from home and it can put a serious strain on a relationship or a marriage.

Yup, that's true. In my mind, Valtteri will become World Championship next year, retire like Rosberg, and reconcile with Emilia. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9RdBTJv.jpg

From Valtteri's Instagram stories. Something's signed. 

Alfa Romeo contract?

I'll laugh my ass off if it's another Mercedes contract because Lewis vetoed George Russell. xD

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

9RdBTJv.jpg

Alfa Romeo contract?

I'll laugh my ass off if it's another Mercedes contract because Lewis vetoed George Russell. xD

Strongly rumoured that Kimi will announce his retirement at Monza, Bottas to Alfa and George to Mercedes is done and will be announced that same weekend.

• Subscriber

Honestly I'm surprised Bottas can be bothered going to Alfa Romeo. They're a total nothing team at the moment. Williams are moving in the right direction and there's every chance Haas could produce a decent midfield car for next year having put all their effort into it at the expense of 2021. Alfa Romeo are probably also putting a decent amount of focus on the new regulations but it's not inconceivable that Bottas could find himself fighting to get out of Q1 next year. If I was him I'd be tempted by another racing series but perhaps he thinks staying in F1 and biding his time is a valid option with a view to securing a seat further up the grid again. I don't know where though, if he wants to compete for wins again he's probably pinning his hopes on a team like Alpine or Aston Martin nailing the new restrictions and becoming competitive for a good few years, and an Alonso or a Vettel deciding that their time is up during that period. Slim chances you'd have to say.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

9RdBTJv.jpg

Alfa Romeo contract?

Desperation from him if he’s happy to go to Alfa Romeo.

I think going to another team can only do him good. If he still wants to race and has fun in Formula 1, why not go to what is considered a smaller team. His reputation suffered by playing the 2nd fiddle to Lewis all the time, and I think his poor performances are a part of that dwindling motivation for him at Mercedes. If Alfa Romeo build a half decent car next season, and they can fight for points, he can surely repair his reputation and show what a good racing driver he still is. 

• 2 months later...

Read this a few days ago and wanted to post it here. Completely forgot. 

http://www.silverarrows.net/mercedes-f1-drivers/valtteri-bottas-news/

Bottas on mental health struggles: “It was like I was a ghost of a guy”

Valtteri Bottas says he had serious mental health struggles back in 2014 and 2015, especially after the untimely death of Jules Bianchi.

Valtteri Bottas has made his Formula 1 debut with Williams in 2013, but he reveals he faced serious mental health struggles just a year later.

“An ex-girlfriend said to me, ‘I hope the flight goes well’,” Bottas told  Finnish broadcaster Supla.

“I said something to the effect that, ‘If it goes down, so what? Then I’ll just disappear from here’. Some of these thoughts started to come, that nothing really matters.”

The Finn had an amazing season in 2014, with several podium positions, however he says the physical demands of Formula 1 at the time impacted his mental health.

“Halfway through the season, I got into a pretty bad state of overexertion, which was entirely down to my own stubbornness.

“That’s when I had to keep the weight to a minimum and it got a bit out of hand for me. I had to go on the scales every morning and evening, and it always had to show less and less. That gave me a good feeling.

“First I had physical problems. I started to get tired really easily. Then I had sleep problems. I was up at 4am every morning, unable to sleep.
“Once you had the physical side drained out of your body, you start to run out of mental resources.

“My ex-girlfriend said at one point, ‘Should you go to counselling or something? You’re not yourself’. It was like I was a ghost of a guy. Nothing felt right.”

The Finn explains things got even worse after his Formula 3 team-mate Jules Bianchi had a serious crash at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix, and succumbed to his injuries nine months later.

“I talked about death and it didn’t affect me in any way. That year went by in a bit of a haze and it took two years to recover.

“At some point I felt like I was running out of energy. My whole life was about F1 and nothing else. I didn’t really enjoy the job and during the winter I started to wonder if I should quit.”

Afterwards Bottas did the right thing and sought professional help, which allowed him to get better over time.

“Sometimes I took too many things too seriously, [but] step by step, I got in good shape,” Valtteri concluded.

• 4 months later...

One thing I've noticed. Remember Paul Ripke? He was the main photographer for Mercedes AMG F1. Apparently he went with Vallteri when he left Mercedes. Now he just travels around with him and takes pictures and videos of him. Some cool content on Social Media though. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Valtteri supporting his partner Tiffany Cromwell in the Women's Tour de France today.

They always support each other. Wholesome relationship. She also designs his helmets. 

Archived