talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nico "Hulk" Hülkenberg #27

football forum

Here's a topic about the most underrated driver of the past decade. This season he finally has a teammate relatively close to his own abilities, I'd say. So it could be quite an important one for him. 

Untitled.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Another DNF for Hülkenberg and Renault; and apparently it is a suspected MGU-K failure again for the second consecutive race; and that despite taking a new specification after the previous failure. Could be a 10-place grid penalty for Nico next race in Baku if they're unable to repair any of the previous MGU-K and have to use the third one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm happy to see him out of Renault to be honest. He's an experienced reliable driver so I have no doubts he'll find himself another seat. Preferably at Sauber.

What about Renault do you dislike so much? Is it Cyril? French? 

Also, do you think Gio is out at Sauber? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

What about Renault do you dislike so much? Is it Cyril? French? 

Also, do you think Gio is out at Sauber? 

Mostly everything xD Always heavily disliked the brand and their road cars. Absolutely can't stand Cyril. Can't stand Ocon either. Don't care about them being French although that doesn't get them sympathy points from me either.

It has been reported that Giovinazzi's seat could be at risk if he fails to improve in the next few races. Makes sense. But if he's gone Ferrari still have the right to choose a driver to replace him so Hülkenberg is not happening anyway haha. 

• Subscriber

Could Alfa Romeo afford Kimi and Nico?

There is life beyond F1 in motorsport too. Hulkenberg would be highly qualified and in demand if he considered any of Formula E, IndyCar, WEC, LMP etc.

For how many more years does he want to keep playing musical chairs in the midfield in the hope that one day things fall in place and he gets a top 3 finish? I'd be pretty bored of it by now if I was him and losing his Renault drive is a blow, as much as I dont think they will do it, they are the only team with a slim chance of jumping to the front in 2021 besides McLaren and the current top 3 teams.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Could Alfa Romeo afford Kimi and Nico?

There is life beyond F1 in motorsport too. Hulkenberg would be highly qualified and in demand if he considered any of Formula E, IndyCar, WEC, LMP etc.

For how many more years does he want to keep playing musical chairs in the midfield in the hope that one day things fall in place and he gets a top 3 finish? I'd be pretty bored of it by now if I was him and losing his Renault drive is a blow, as much as I dont think they will do it, they are the only team with a slim chance of jumping to the front in 2021 besides McLaren and the current top 3 teams.

Probably not - although the finances seem to have improved a lot due to the Ferrari/Alfa Romeo links and numerous other sponsorships.

I suppose he might still have a slight chance for a Ferrari seat if he stays around for another year and Vettel retires or joins Red Bull. Maybe a slight chance to get a Red Bull seat as well. I think a lot will depend on the changes for 2021. But yeah I agree; joining another racing series would be a good decision at some point. Pretty sure he could easily land a Porsche seat in Formula E next season if he wanted to.

What about replacing Kubica at Williams? Maybe they'll get their shit together and get back to where they belong. It wasn't long ago that they fought for podiums with Valtteri. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

What about replacing Kubica at Williams? Maybe they'll get their shit together and get back to where they belong. It wasn't long ago that they fought for podiums with Valtteri. 

Pretty sure they'll go with Latifi if Kubica leaves.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Nico Hulkenberg or Nick Heidfeld. Who is/was the better F1 driver?

@nudge @Tommy @MUFC

Ooof, tough one. Both of them were always poised for a stop seat, and never got one. Considering the raw talent and pace I'd go with Nico. Still both of them had unsatisfied careers measured  by their talent. Hopefully it's not the end for Nico just yet. They called him the Baby-Schumi ffs. He dominated the feeder series. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Now I know that I've really missed on Sunday.

Ooof, Nico. Good for you. 

Haha she's Lithuanian. And they got her first name wrong...

He visited the country a few times already too :D 

Archived