The better place to talk football.

Nico "Hulk" Hülkenberg #27

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I do think there will be at least one seat open at Alfa Romeo. I'm getting very fed up vibes from Kimi this year.

He's planning to retire isn't he?

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Sauber, Haas, maybe even Red Bull?... :o

Certainly Kimi is gone. 

Haas could use two new drivers, but are in love with twiddle dee and twiddle dumb so who knows, and I don't think RB will have an open seat...I mean are they seriously going to drop Albon, Gasly, or Kyvat? 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Certainly Kimi is gone. 

Haas could use two new drivers, but are in love with twiddle dee and twiddle dumb so who knows, and I don't think RB will have an open seat...I mean are they seriously going to drop Albon, Gasly, or Kyvat? 

Why not? Albon is underperforming, Gasly and Kvyat underperformed when they were given a chance. Not sure they will go into the new season with one of those in the second RB car. 

Nico in a Red Bull? My body is ready! Seeing him back last week only made me realize how much I've missed him. He was not only missed because of his talents, but his personality was definitely missing from the grid. It was almost like seeing an old friend returning. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nico in a Red Bull? My body is ready! Seeing him back last week only made me realize how much I've missed him. He was not only missed because of his talents, but his personality was definitely missing from the grid. It was almost like seeing an old friend returning. 

Max wants him back too, and they get along well. I think it would be a great choice; a solid, experienced driver to keep Max on his toes, get points for the team, provide feedback. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Max wants him back too, and they get along well. I think it would be a great choice; a solid, experienced driver to keep Max on his toes, get points for the team, provide feedback. 

Yup: 

xD That's what made me think, since Max is Red Bull's golden boy, they might listen to his advice to get Nico. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Why not? Albon is underperforming, Gasly and Kvyat underperformed when they were given a chance. Not sure they will go into the new season with one of those in the second RB car. 

Is it really worth moving from 3 younger drivers, 2 of which have had podiums, for an older driver with zero podiums? 

If they DO add Hulk to the lineup, I feel certain that Kyvat would be the one left out and without an F1 seat next year :(

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is it really worth moving from 3 younger drivers, 2 of which have had podiums, for an older driver with zero podiums? 

If they DO add Hulk to the lineup, I feel certain that Kyvat would be the one left out and without an F1 seat next year :(

I'd say it's not the question of how many podiums one has or how old one is, but rather what one can offer for the team... What's the use of having Gasly or Albon in the team if they can't keep up so are no use in terms of team strategy and also fail to deliver points regularly? Kvyat is just filling in until the next crop of RB junior drivers is ready, he'll be gone anyway and has no chance for the RB seat in the future. Gasly maybe deserves second chance. There's no guarantee Hülkenberg would do great, but I rate him higher than Kvyat, Gasly or Albon so I'd like to see what he can do in a Red Bull. 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

You really get hung up on the podiums. This isn't Netflix. xD You also have to compare the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

You really get hung up on the podiums. This isn't Netflix. xD You also have to compare the circumstances. 

I get hung up on performances. You have Hulk just for bad luck and other circumstances, hasn't produced in F1. Call it podiums or performances, but it's what I think matters at the end of the day. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Eco said:

I get hung up on performances. You have Hulk just for bad luck and other circumstances, hasn't produced in F1. Call it podiums or performances, but it's what I think matters at the end of the day. 

Define performances though? 

Hülkenberg: 179 starts, 38 retirements, 511 pts (2.8 pts per race), 0 wins, 0 podiums, 1 pole, best finish - 4th. Raced for Williams, Racing Point, Sauber & Renault.
Kvyat: 98 starts, 22 retirements, 171 pts (1.7 pts per race), 0 wins, 3 podiums, 0 poles, best finish - 2nd. Raced for Toro Rosso & Red Bull.
Gasly: 50 starts, 7 retirements, 136 pts (2.7 pts per race), 0 wins, 1 podium, 0 poles, best finish - 2nd. Raced for Toro Rosso & Red Bull.
Albon: 23 starts, 1 retirement, 118 pts (4.7 pts per race), 0 wins, 0 podiums, 0 poles, best finish - 4th. Raced for Toro Rosso & Red Bull.

All more or less equal, with the exception that Hülkenberg had never had a top 3 car... The other three were given a chance and failed to deliver.

Archived