• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 5-0 Czech Republic - Friday 22nd March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've spent years seeing us smash rubbish sides in qualifiers where I've thought that we're no good, we're just better than this abject dross. Tonight I felt a bit different - Czech Republic were poor no doubt but we could've had more than 5. We are a genuinely good side to watch these days.

Changed my mind on the penalty after originally thinking he'd completely bought it. Sterling is fouled.

Glad to see Sterling scoring too. He's been frustrating for England - he plays well but has lacked the goals and so many sadly judge attacking players on goals and no more so he's often ended up getting stick that's harder than he deserves.

We played some really good stuff tonight. We've basically won the group already barring some shockers if that's what the supposed 2nd best side in the group looks like.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've spent years seeing us smash rubbish sides in qualifiers where I've thought that we're no good, we're just better than this abject dross. Tonight I felt a bit different - Czech Republic were poor no doubt but we could've had more than 5. We are a genuinely good side to watch these days.

Changed my mind on the penalty after originally thinking he'd completely bought it. Sterling is fouled.

Glad to see Sterling scoring too. He's been frustrating for England - he plays well but has lacked the goals and so many sadly judge attacking players on goals and no more so he's often ended up getting stick that's harder than he deserves.

We played some really good stuff tonight. We've basically won the group already barring some shockers if that's what the supposed 2nd best side in the group looks like.

To be honest we have struggled to smash really poor sides much worse than Czech Republic before. It took us 30 minutes to score against San Marino a few years back.

Czech Republic aren't a terrible side though. 8 of their players play for Slavia Prague who are probably lower premier league standard. 5.0 is a good result. Like I said it's there worst ever defeat. I'm very pleased with progress since the world cup 

I just owned someone on Facebook who said sterling couldn't score against a good side like Spain. Pointed out he scored 2 in Spain

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest we have struggled to smash really poor sides much worse than Czech Republic before. It took us 30 minutes to score against San Marino a few years back.

Czech Republic aren't a terrible side though. 8 of their players play for Slavia Prague who are probably lower premier league standard. 5.0 is a good result. Like I said it's there worst ever defeat. I'm very pleased with progress since the world cup 

We have, think under Hodgson or Capello tonight is probably a 2-0 win, just functional, job done football - all a bit of a bland experience when you're playing these procession fixtures every few months, no-one could possibly have gotten themselves into it.

Tonight I felt the same going into it but I've come out of it with a totally different attitude. We really have become a quite entertaining team to watch these days.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I just owned someone on Facebook who said sterling couldn't score against a good side like Spain. Pointed out he scored 2 in Spain

The standard of arguing on Facebook is basically the internet equivalent to San Marino in fairness, particularly on that showing.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

We have, think under Hodgson or Capello tonight is probably a 2-0 win, just functional, job done football - all a bit of a bland experience when you're playing these procession fixtures every few months, no-one could possibly have gotten themselves into it.

Tonight I felt the same going into it but I've come out of it with a totally different attitude. We really have become a quite entertaining team to watch these days.

The standard of arguing on Facebook is basically the internet equivalent to San Marino in fairness, particularly on that showing.

Yeah I know. Some people just like to moan. 

• The title was changed to England 5-0 Czech Republic - Friday 22nd March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived