• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Forgotten footballers

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MUFC said:

Was he the Liverpool player? Think he got sold to raise funds.

He was a Liverpool player a long time ago. Always a bit part player for us, never made the grade up after being signed as a promising young player.

He and Neil Mellor though played an important part in our Champions League run in 2005. So I'll always remember them for that... but I haven't heard anything about him after he left us. I think he went to Spain and had a decent start to his career there... and then faded away into obscurity.

If we sold him to raise funds... I doubt we raised much xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was a Liverpool player a long time ago. Always a bit part player for us, never made the grade up after being signed as a promising young player.

He and Neil Mellor though played an important part in our Champions League run in 2005. So I'll always remember them for that... but I haven't heard anything about him after he left us. I think he went to Spain and had a decent start to his career there... and then faded away into obscurity.

If we sold him to raise funds... I doubt we raised much xD

Mellor, the winner vs Arsenal lol.

One of the most mental stats I've ever seen

From 1993 to 2001 United were 2 points away from winning 9 consecutive Premier League titles.

93 - winners
94 - winners
95 - 1 point behind
96 - winners
97 - winners
98 - 1 point behind
99 - winners
00 - winners
01 - winners

And 1 point away from 7 consecutive titles from 2007 to 2013.

07 - winners
08 - winners
09 - winners
10 - 1 point behind
11 - winners
12 - 0 points behind, lost on gd
13 - winners

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

One of the most mental stats I've ever seen

From 1993 to 2001 United were 2 points away from winning 9 consecutive Premier League titles.

93 - winners
94 - winners
95 - 1 point behind
96 - winners
97 - winners
98 - 1 point behind
99 - winners
00 - winners
01 - winners

And 1 point away from 7 consecutive titles from 2007 to 2013.

07 - winners
08 - winners
09 - winners
10 - 1 point behind
11 - winners
12 - 0 points behind, lost on gd
13 - winners

Although bare in mind in 1998 arsenal had won it 3 games from the end and rested players for the fa cup final. Still an incredible stat though

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Some just vanished overnight, remember Adriano and Pato?

If anything they are the most remembered 'forgotten' players of all time! 

For me, a forgotten player is Roy Makaay. Scored hundreds of goals across Spain, Netherlands, and Germany but rarely spoken about today besides his physical similarities to Luis Suarez. Speaking of Luis Suarez, another he eclipsed is the Spanish Luis Suarez. I've gotten into arguements online about the Spaniard due to the names. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Another player I have zero sympathy for. Had a good thing going at Arsenal, left to rot on the bench then fade to obscurity. 

When someone has the chance to play for that Barcelona, only a few wouldn't take the risk. How can he be blamed for trying to be a part of perhaps the greatest club team ever?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

When someone has the chance to play for that Barcelona, only a few wouldn't take the risk. How can he be blamed for trying to be a part of perhaps the greatest club team ever?

Because he knew he wouldn’t get a sniff and chose to do it anyway. Same with Vermaelan and same with Turan. 

Left starting roles for obscurity. 

Archived