• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group I - Matchdays 1 & 2

football forum

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Alex McLeish saying after the game that he'd take a point against San Marino. 

Please tell me you are making that up

• Subscriber

Even by Scotland's standards that is laughable. It's a banana skin fixture given the travelling but they've been hammered. A shocking start from a game they needed points in.

Is that much of a shocking result? Scotland’s Away form is abysmally bad. Since 2014 they’ve won at Gibraltar, Czech Republic, Malta, Lithuania, Hungary and Albania. Two of those wins, Czech Republic and Hungary, were friendlies, so four competitive wins in five years.

Kazakhstan’s home record isn’t bad either. Since 2014, they’ve lost at home to Czech Republic, Iceland, Turkey, Holland, Denmark, Montenegro and Romania and being honest, none of those are games you’d have expected them to get much in anyway. 

I literally have zero expectations when our manager is a washed-up has-been, balls-deep into early-onset dementia, who built his whole managerial career on fraud.

We could lose to San Marino and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

The talent pool is actually slightly promising even with two of our best players missing, but it means nothing with the leadership in place.

9 hours ago, Inverted said:

I literally have zero expectations when our manager is a washed-up has-been, balls-deep into early-onset dementia, who built his whole managerial career on fraud.

We could lose to San Marino and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

The talent pool is actually slightly promising even with two of our best players missing, but it means nothing with the leadership in place.

He did a very decent job before to be fair. As bad as it was loosing to San Marino would be a big shock

27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He did a very decent job before to be fair. As bad as it was loosing to San Marino would be a big shock

Topping our group in the Nation's League was nice but by no means a big achievement. 

It was only impressive by our own abysmal standards. Our overall trajectory has been markedly downhill since Strachan.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why are people giving Robertson a hard time? International football is a load of bollocks, club over country is always the right choice. 

I'm glad Tierney wasnt able to make this shit show.

The fewer games he can be present to have McLeish's mediocrity rub off on him the better.

51 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Topping our group in the Nation's League was nice but by no means a big achievement. 

It was only impressive by our own abysmal standards. Our overall trajectory has been markedly downhill since Strachan.

Im not sure. Israel aren't bad. The 4.0 in Albania was a good result. I actually want Scotland to qualify.

24 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Scotland to win 3-0. If Scotland make hard work of this, McLeish should resign on the spot. 

I wouldn't say he should resign if they make hard work of it. Certainly if they don't win he should. Russia beating Kazakhstan 4.0 had made it hard for them. Lucky they have the play of.

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I wouldn't say he should resign if they make hard work of it. Certainly if they don't win he should. Russia beating Kazakhstan 4.0 had made it hard for them. Lucky they have the play of.

Even though qualification into the Euro's is easier now, you should not be dropping points (let alone get slapped) against the likes of Kazakhstan if you hope to qualify. @ScoRoss summed it up at the beginning of this thread in that anything less than six points would be a disaster. 

Callum Paterson starts up front. Hope San Marino kick lumps out of him as we do actually need him for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Even though qualification into the Euro's is easier now, you should not be dropping points (let alone get slapped) against the likes of Kazakhstan if you hope to qualify. @ScoRoss summed it up at the beginning of this thread in that anything less than six points would be a disaster. 

Callum Paterson starts up front. Hope San Marino kick lumps out of him as we do actually need him for the rest of the season. 

And Paterson is subbed off injured. Thanks for that. ¬¬

Archived