talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Famous People From Your School

football forum

• Subscriber

Did anybody famous, footballer or otherwise, previously go to your school whilst you were there, before, or after?

I think my school's only claim to fame is former Grimsby Town striker Danny North and that's saying something...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Wolfe went to my high school, but graduated a few years before I started. 

I played soccer in high school, and our arch rivals was a school called Brookwood, and their Gk was Shawn Johnson. 

Also went to school with a couple of baseball players. 

• Administrator

Russell Howard (for one year)
Tim Foster
Monty Panesar
Don Broco (rock band)
Segun Akinola (did some music for Doctor Who)
Sope Dirisu (was actually in my year, starred in Humans on Channel 4)
Jeremy Smith (starred in War Horse and Great Expectations)
John Sessions

And everyone on here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Old_Bedford_Modernians

Probs a load of footballers over the decades but not many that played any higher than Scottish mid-table. There was Simon Donnelly who got a few caps for Scotland in the 90s and played for Celtic before moving down south to Sheff Wed.

I had a PE teacher who played for Partick Thistle and scored against Rangers once. 

Most famous is probably Stan Laurel. Also Midge Ure of Ultravox and Band Aid fame. 

Edit: in terms of current classmates there's a guy who plays for East Kilbride in the Lowland League, who beat Ajax's record for consecutive wins and got a crate of beer from them. 

We also have a guy who plays for Airdrieonians in League 1 and started against Celtic at Parkhead in the cup. 

Some kid from a rock band - We are the Ocean? The lad pretty much left school at 15 to tour with them and only come back in very short spurts. 

Some girl who’s now on The Only Way Is Essex, who was a couple of years younger than me but I have no recollection of her at all. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I watched that on Netflix, first season was the best.

Agreed. Got worse as more eccentric and extravagant characters were introduced and the original lot got filtered out.

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Nobody from my school, not that I know of anyway. There was a lad who played professional for Leeds United but then never made it, Neil Warnock seemed to like him if I remember rightly but just didn't make the cut. @Lucas might be able to help here - do you know the name Zac Thompson?

My Dad went to school with Richard Ashcroft from The Verve, pretty neat that one.

Yeah he was in and around the squad at the time but never really made any waves here unfortunately.

Oh wow - if we are including college, then my list is massive as I went to school that is famous of their American football team so if you like the NFL, you know the following names that went to my University. 

Julio Jones
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
Landon Collins
Mark Ingram
TJ Yeldon
Trent Richardson
Bo Scarborough
Jonathan Allen
Dre Kirkpatrick
Deron Payne
CJ Mosley
Eddie Lacy
Calvin Ridley
Amari Cooper
Ryan Kelley
and about a 100 more. 

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Oh wow - if we are including college, then my list is massive as I went to school that is famous of their American football team so if you like the NFL, you know the following names that went to my University. 

Julio Jones
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
Landon Collins
Mark Ingram
TJ Yeldon
Trent Richardson
Bo Scarborough
Jonathan Allen
Dre Kirkpatrick
Deron Payne
CJ Mosley
Eddie Lacy
Calvin Ridley
Amari Cooper
Ryan Kelley
and about a 100 more. 

I know none of them. Are any superstar names? I don’t really follow the world’s worst sport. 

• Subscriber

Michael Bisping.

David Dunn. What else do you need? 

Gareth Ainsworth.

Aaron Lennon's uncle was my PE Teacher.

There were a few lads from my year who made it pro, too.

Adam Barton being the best at a young age. Ended up in Scotland the last few years.

2008–2012 Preston North End 50 (1)
2009  Crawley Town (loan) 2 (0)
2012–2015 Coventry City 63 (3)
2014  Fleetwood Town (loan) 0 (0)
2015–2016 Portsmouth 19 (0)
2016–2018 Partick Thistle 64 (1)
2018– Dundee United 7 (0)
2019–  Connah's Quay Nomads (loan)

9 hours ago, Eco said:

Julio Jones
Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
Landon Collins
Mark Ingram
TJ Yeldon
Trent Richardson
Bo Scarborough
Jonathan Allen
Dre Kirkpatrick
Deron Payne
CJ Mosley
Eddie Lacy
Calvin Ridley
Amari Cooper
Ryan Kelley
and about a 100 more. 

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix

For any A league fans @Blue @Stan Corey Gameiro was my science partner in highschool and his brother and I worked at McDonalds together. Decent lad, had charisma and unlike every other nomark cunt that thought they were the bollocks I never did him dirty in PE. I would slide tackle the shit out of everyone else thoughxD

Any NRL fans @DeadLinesman@Spike@Smiley Culture@Danny Jack Bird was a year below me in School and I punched him up one timexD He basically king hit my mate so I jumped in and fed him. Got suspended and all. 

• Subscriber

Bit more success from my University:

Jordan North - Radio 1 DJ
Steve Cram - Athlete
Tony Scott - Directed Top Gun & Beverley Hills Cop 
Ortis Deley - Former CBBC Presenter and host of The Gadget Show

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

I know none of them. Are any superstar names? I don’t really follow the world’s worst sport. 

Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, and Ha-Ha are all superstars. And I promise you there are worse sports than American footballxD

1 hour ago, Rab said:

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix

In the flesh (He's on the left of the photo)

nfl-new-york-giants-at-green-bay-packers

Archived