• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Madeline McCann - Netflix

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I watched it the other night with the wife and watched all the episodes so I believe and it makes the mind boggle, the wife enjoyed it but I must admit I did get bored watching it, most of the stuff in the show has been mentioned so many times over the years. All I will say again is what parents in their right minds would leave their own children alone in a flat while they went out with friends for a meal and drink and leave no babysitter watching them? I know me and the wife would never do something like that and neither would our son & daughter.    

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

I watched it the other night with the wife and watched all the episodes so I believe and it makes the mind boggle, the wife enjoyed it but I must admit I did get bored watching it, most of the stuff in the show has been mentioned so many times over the years. All I will say again is what parents in their right minds would leave their own children alone in a flat while they went out with friends for a meal and drink and leave no babysitter watching them? I know me and the wife would never do something like that and neither would our son & daughter.    

Especially when there was a babysitting service provided by The Ocean Club where they were staying.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Especially when there was a babysitting service provided by The Ocean Club where they were staying.

A lot of accusations and counter-accusations like the mother of Madeline said she went and checked on her children and it took her five minutes to reach the flat yet the Spanish police said they timed the walk from where they were sitting and drinking and it took the police 15 minutes I think it was to get to the flat from where they were sitting? 

Time can get confusing to anyone in a situation like that I would imagine, our daughter lives about a 10-minute walk from us and last week I popped around for a wee visit and when I was leaving I texted the wife such so she could get the tea on, when I got back home the wife maintained it took me 25 minutes and she wondered where I was until I showed her the text on my mobile of the time and the time now and it was 12 minutes. 

Three or four episodes in so far. 

Initial thoughts are;

The various branches of the Portuguese emergency services appeared slow to react to the news of the disappearance, which could have been vital. 

The preservation of a crime scene, which the McCann’s have been criticised for, is harsh. If your kid has gone missing, logic and common sense, I imagine, goes out the window (pun unintentional). 

I’m really not sure how two people who become household names overnight could hide and preserve a body of a small child and then dump it somewhere, via the use of a rental car, some twenty-five days later without being followed by some form of media or without leaving a more condemning clue somewhere. I’m not convinced that two doctors could successfully dispose of a body and keep up a facade that their daughter is missing without being detected, slipping up or breaking down and admitting guilt for 11+ years. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Is this worth watching? 

Missus has been watching it and said it's worth a watch... but she's female and likes Jeremy Kyle.

It's still worth a watch if you like anything like that but I found that most of the stuff has been mentioned before over the years, and my wife loves watching Jeremy Kyle too and I cannot stand the show lol.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m really not sure how two people who become household names overnight could hide and preserve a body of a small child and then dump it somewhere, via the use of a rental car, some twenty-five days later without being followed by some form of media or without leaving a more condemning clue somewhere. I’m not convinced that two doctors could successfully dispose of a body and keep up a facade that their daughter is missing without being detected, slipping up or breaking down and admitting guilt for 11+ years. 

Have to agree with that, after all the child was reported missing so the police would have been all over the disappearance by then and undoubtedly keeping an eye out on the McCans just in case they had anything to do with the disappearance, a body concealed in a car for 25 days would start to decay and smell and the smell of a decaying body can hit you for six, I know that by my army days and tours of duty.  .

My 2 cents worth or theory is that she was abducted by Romany Gypsies to raise as one of their own and if the McCann's had anything to do with that then that's another story and it would be nice if they did find the child after all these years but I just can't see it.    

• Subscriber

Done 3 episodes. 

There’s definitely some inconsistencies with their stories I wasn’t previously aware of. And the cadaver dog going mental doesn’t look great.

I’m open to having my mind changed

Netflix: Are you still watching Madeline McCann? 

No im having dinner 

Out of any theory, the one I believe the most is the Moroccan bloke who saw her and spied on the family for some time. Kidnapped her then escaped on a boat back to Morocco. 

• Administrator

Started watching this.

One and a half episodes in and I'm quite bored - very repetitive information about what's already known and worst of all, endless accounts of inane information from total randomers about how nice, safe, and secure Praia Da Luz is and just generally what the area is like. Once or twice is fine but it's been done to death.

The other thing I find quite weird that hasn't been touched upon too much is the fact that known sex offenders/paedophiles lived barely hundreds metres of away in neighbouring resorts. I've not got far enough in the series to see if it is spoken about but it's barely mentioned at all so far (only a snippet in this 2nd epsiode).

Interesting to see how the series ends though :ph34r:

• Administrator

Seems like the series has been made to absolve the McCann's and put more blame on to the police. 

I know they seem dodgy as fuck but there's barely any focus so far on actions of the McCann's. 

The police nicking that guy who knew Murat was random as well xD

I really don't get the fascination with crime series these days but I did catch a bit of it in the background.

One thing that really irked me was this continual insistence that there was a culture shock, with it supposedly just being the Portuguese finding it odd to leave infants alone every night for hours on end whilst you go out on the lash. Supposedly that's normal British parenting. 

Like, no. That's fucking shit parenting in every country. 

Just because wealthy professionals do something doesn't suddenly make it a cultural norm. 

As for the kid, idk. I think she was just kidnapped by some lone paedo, that the parents all realised they were going to be exposed as neglectful pricks, and that they all collectively decided they'd rather lie and mitigate the shame, than tell the truth and give the girl the best chance of being found. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

As for the kid, idk. I think she was just kidnapped by some lone paedo, that the parents all realised they were going to be exposed as neglectful pricks, and that they all collectively decided they'd rather lie and mitigate the shame, than tell the truth and give the girl the best chance of being found. 

My gut instinct is that if this is the case, they were in on it and a lot of it was staged. Leaving the door unlocked, window open, shutters up, twins knocked out, allowing people to go in to the room at will after she was gone even with the twins still in there (?!)

What struck me a lot was the report of Kate saying 'someone's taken Madeleine'. Not 'Madeleine's gone' or something like that. It's quite specific, to me, to immediately presume an individual has kidnapped her.

I reckon they were in on it in some respect. But given it's been nearly 12 years since she went missing, I'm guessing they believe they can get away with it as surely they'd have been caught otherwise if not, or some concrete evidence would have pinned them down to it, or someone if not them. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

My gut instinct is that if this is the case, they were in on it and a lot of it was staged. Leaving the door unlocked, window open, shutters up, twins knocked out, allowing people to go in to the room at will after she was gone even with the twins still in there (?!)

What struck me a lot was the report of Kate saying 'someone's taken Madeleine'. Not 'Madeleine's gone' or something like that. It's quite specific, to me, to immediately presume an individual has kidnapped her.

I reckon they were in on it in some respect. But given it's been nearly 12 years since she went missing, I'm guessing they believe they can get away with it as surely they'd have been caught otherwise if not, or some concrete evidence would have pinned them down to it, or someone if not them. 

They're shit parents and absolutely to blame.

No matter what actually happened, that's the important thing for everyone to agree.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Inverted said:

They're shit parents and absolutely to blame.

No matter what actually happened, that's the important thing for everyone to agree.

Yep! 

Got to the part about this Brian Kennedy dude and the Portuguese lawyer getting involved supporting them. Getting sucked in by the emotions of the parents. 

Archived