talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Madeline McCann - Netflix

football forum

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep! 

Got to the part about this Brian Kennedy dude and the Portuguese lawyer getting involved supporting them. Getting sucked in by the emotions of the parents. 

Found that Kennedy fella and his son, who dressed like a chav weird. Why was his son, who admitted himself, had no experience in searching for missing persons, searching for missing persons? Very strange. 

For seven adults to leave multiple children alone in various rooms at night whilst they ate and drank in a restaurant a good distance away is staggering. All these years on, I can’t believe as many adults were collectively that stupid and did that rather than using the onsite crèche, taking it in turns to have a night in or just generally being more accommodative towards their own children on holiday. 

The Portuguese police were slow, haphazard and out of their depth almost immediately and that local force had the misfortune of being run by someone clearly dodgy in Amaral. Their response to the news that she’d disappeared was slow and I do think there would have been pressure on from local and national government to get an ending to this so that tourism didn’t take a huge hit than the possibility of someone still being out there. 

If someone was watching the apartment, did they ever mention why the window was allegedly open when Kate McCann returned and found two children instead of three? Because surely if the apartment was being watched, the watcher would realise the door was unlocked so walking through a door in a holiday resort at some point between 8-10pm is less suspicious than attempting to get through a window. Yeah, it might have been peak season but there would have surely been people around. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Found that Kennedy fella and his son, who dressed like a chav weird. Why was his son, who admitted himself, had no experience in searching for missing persons, searching for missing persons? Very strange. 

For seven adults to leave multiple children alone in various rooms at night whilst they ate and drank in a restaurant a good distance away is staggering. All these years on, I can’t believe as many adults were collectively that stupid and did that rather than using the onsite crèche, taking it in turns to have a night in or just generally being more accommodative towards their own children on holiday. 

The Portuguese police were slow, haphazard and out of their depth almost immediately and that local force had the misfortune of being run by someone clearly dodgy in Amaral. Their response to the news that she’d disappeared was slow and I do think there would have been pressure on from local and national government to get an ending to this so that tourism didn’t take a huge hit than the possibility of someone still being out there. 

If someone was watching the apartment, did they ever mention why the window was allegedly open when Kate McCann returned and found two children instead of three? Because surely if the apartment was being watched, the watcher would realise the door was unlocked so walking through a door in a holiday resort at some point between 8-10pm is less suspicious than attempting to get through a window. Yeah, it might have been peak season but there would have surely been people around. 

Yep pretty much agree with all of that. I have the same suspicions and the way Kennedy Sr presents himself is fairly arrogant, or he comes across in that way anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if they were playing it up themselves just for a bit of limelight. 

Why would an experienced, high level M3 agent randomly take a stranger like the son on to surveillance operations when staking out suspects? Surely that could put his own investigation under scrutiny? I don't think the Kennedy's perhaps had as much influence or input as they themselves put across. 

What do you think of that Malinka guy? I think he was unfairly treated and targeted. Not to say he shouldn't have been checked out, but there was no real discerning evidence that he should have been followed so closely, or chased upon so. 

• Administrator

I must admit, whilst I firmly believe the McCanns are negligent in their behavior. The notion they killed or were responsible (beyond their negligence) is farcical improbability. The real real and frightening problem is that children can be so easily and readily abducated. That society is  now so dumb as to consider an opinion factual, compounds the difficulty of if all. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Was going to give this is a watch but it doesn't sound that worthwhile.

It is worth it after the first couple of episodes. Slow starts but does ramp up fairly sharpish after that.

Never thought the theory of it being the McCanns had legs as they've been the ones desperately trying to keep the investigation going even after most people wanted to move past it. Watching the documentary pretty much confirmed it as being a bit ridiculous. The main takeaways from the series is that no one knows what happened, Gancalo Amaral is a cunt, the press are parasites with no integrity and there are a lot of sick bastards out there. The stories they referenced about what happened to other kids was unbelievable.

After watching the first episode, something that shocked me most was their hotel room, where it was located and the fact that it looked quite accessible. Right by a road, off to the side, some dodgy looking patio door. Wasn't it the bottom or first floor as well?

It's been said before about the poor parenting but their room wasn't even in the centre, with other hotel rooms side by side if that makes sense. On the one side, there's just a road...

• Administrator
9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

After watching the first episode, something that shocked me most was their hotel room, where it was located and the fact that it looked quite accessible. Right by a road, off to the side, some dodgy looking patio door. Wasn't it the bottom or first floor as well?

It's been said before about the poor parenting but their room wasn't even in the centre, with other hotel rooms side by side if that makes sense. On the one side, there's just a road...

Yep. Why would you just leave a door open/unlocked even if you're checking every 20 minutes.

If that was my kid, I'm making sure that room is as secure as possible.

• Subscriber

This was worth a watch in the end. Given that I was about 14 when it all started happening and when the later details came out, I was more of the mind of ffs why is this still in the news, it looks like I didn't know that much about the case.

Pretty conclusively clear that the parents weren't part of the incident beyond leaving the kids alone in the apartment which is pretty damn neglectful, but that's a mistake and nothing more. Blatantly obvious that the Portuguese police tried to stitch them up to make it go away which doesn't surprise me.

The girl must have been bumped off pretty quickly which is very sad, but unless she was completely locked away, someone would surely have identified her from that defect with her eye, it's pretty distinctive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Bollocks. He liked boys, why would he suddenly decide he liked girls (unless working for someone else) when there was a boy in the room?

People saying these leads always turn up when their funding is running dry.

• Administrator
On 05/05/2019 at 20:18, MUFC said:

23 hours ago, MUFC said:

People saying these leads always turn up when their funding is running dry.

Was my first thought.

And based on seeing the documentary, I very much doubt the suspect is an actual suspect; more a person of interest who they question for a bit, don't find anything substantial or have strong enough evidence to charge/convict.

Also ironic how this story comes up around Madelaine's birthday/same time of year she went missing all those years ago. 

Cynical, I know.

Archived