The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Team From These Countries

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Damnit - nvm. I just realized people were only doing the same leagues as Iker. 

Haha, if it was MLS it'd be Atlanta anyway.

• Subscriber

Germany: Borussia Dortmund
England: Man United - Southend United

I will pass on the others but I always keep an eye out for Barcelona and the wee genius in Messi.

Dortmund because I was stationed there in my army days and have always had a soft spot for them, Southend United as we lived there for a few years and had a house right behind there stadium Roots Hall and we still have friends living down there and we keep in touch.

Living in Scotland now for many years it's Glasgow Rangers and our local teams in Livingston and Edinburgh City, also Wick Academy FC in the Highland League as I worked there for a wee while and the locals were very friendly and passionate about Wick.  

I might have a few temporary choices, because of certain players, but I'll make sure I'll list them.

Peru: DIM

My local team. Ground is only about 10 minutes away by walking

Colombia: Atletico Nacional

Don't exactly remember why I adopted the Verdolagas as my Colombian team. My family in Colombia are all Junior fans. However, I really enjoyed watching them earlier in the decade and they are my Colombian side.

Mexico: Monarcas Morelia

I didn't have a Mexican team before, but once Ruidiaz joined Monarcas I began watching them more often and now even without him I am still a fan.

Italy: Napoli

I'm sure most of you know the reason by now. They were the second team I ever followed in football.

MLS: Seattle Sounders

Just cos of Raul Ruidiaz.

Argentina: Boca Juniors

First team I followed in football in the early 2000's. When I wasn't into the sport I'd still try to catch an occasional Boca game.

Brazil: Atletico Mineiro

Fell in love with their 2013 team that won the Libertadores. Bernard, Jo, Ronaldinho and Tardelli.

England: Liverpool

My uncle has always been Liverpool. My dad is Leeds but I couldn't bring myself to follow them xD

Canada: York 9

My Canadian local team.

I grew fond of Bilbao after they spanked United in 2012. A team full of homegrown players and a club that has a philosophy of having only basque players, and yet the tremendous success they have off of it. 

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Be honest, how many people's favourites are based on FM saves they've had?

Just my Faroe Islands team. Vikingur Gota

(I'm not even kidding, I started a Faroe Islands football thread in Storts forum. I'm sure @Cannabis remembers!)

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

You should move there, you'd probably get a game. Fulfil a dream.

Mate, with my current physical shape I couldn't even get a game for Boca Juniors of Gibraltar.

7 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Anyone can get into shape within 2 weeks. I've seen it on adverts.

That's confidence filling, but I always give up within 1 day xD

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Only Lyon & Gremio, for me.

Lyon because it's the most successful and longest save I've ever had on FM.

Gremio I chose because of Ronaldinho and it was the first 'association' I had with Brazilian football through the game.

• Subscriber
On 20/03/2019 at 14:14, Harvsky said:

100% of mine will be besides the obvious.

England - Everton

Italy - Roma

Portugal - Porto

Spain - Vallecano

Holland - MVV Maastricht

In seriousness, I don't actually have a preference for any teams from other countries. More just a general enjoyment on the rare occasions that PSG, Juventus, Bayern and Madrid/Barca get upset by their compatriots.

Spain - Atletico Madrid. Even if the team has bounced up and down in quality, they have had some amazing players in the last decade or so. Torres, Falcao, Costa, Griezmann, Forlan, and Aguero, just lists off the amazing centre forwards the club has signed. Even if they are best 'underdog' in the world, they are stll an underdog and they are appealing. 
Germany - Dortmund. I really don't care for German football, I just can't get into it that much. But I do like BVB because I've known some people that were from the city and they were always great to speak with. 

England - Chelsea. When I was a kid I didn't know anything about football except that Manchester United were the best team in the universe and were unstoppable. So when I watched the morning highlights and saw Chelsea beat ManUtd, I was impressed. I was a kid and I don't really change my mind once it's set. I
Italy - Inter. I really enjoyed the team they had in the late 00s. Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lucio, Maicon, Samuel, Milito, Sneijder, Eto'o, and Zlatan.  Other than that Italy is just choosing what sort of corruption you like the most (fascist, mafioso, big-business, etc)
France - Lyon.  Sexiest kits in world football and Juninho's freek kicks.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Spain - Atletico Madrid. Even if the team has bounced up and down in quality, they have had some amazing players in the last decade or so. Torres, Falcao, Costa, Griezmann, Forlan, and Aguero, just lists off the amazing centre forwards the club has signed. Even if they are best 'underdog' in the world, they are stll an underdog and they are appealing. 
Germany - Dortmund. I really don't care for German football, I just can't get into it that much. But I do like BVB because I've known some people that were from the city and they were always great to speak with. 

England - Chelsea. When I was a kid I didn't know anything about football except that Manchester United were the best team in the universe and were unstoppable. So when I watched the morning highlights and saw Chelsea beat ManUtd, I was impressed. I was a kid and I don't really change my mind once it's set. I
Italy - Inter. I really enjoyed the team they had in the late 00s. Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lucio, Maicon, Samuel, Milito, Sneijder, Eto'o, and Zlatan.  Other than that Italy is just choosing what sort of corruption you like the most (fascist, mafioso, big-business, etc)
France - Lyon.  Sexiest kits in world football and Juninho's freek kicks.

Funny how spot on we are on our teams (outside of England and Germany). 

Also, sexiest kit in the world is surely Galatasaray. 

New-Galatasaray-Home-Kit-1.jpg

• Subscriber

Spain - Atletico Madrid
Germany - VfL Bochum
England - Leicester City
Italy - AC Milan
France - Lyon
Netherlands - Ajax
Portugal - Pacos de Ferreira (Just like the name xD
Brazil - I honestly have no idea but feel like I'm missing out a bit.
Argentina - Again, not got a favourite.
Mexico - I'll go Pachuca as Ulloa's there.

Spain - Barcelona or Valencia
Germany - BVB
England - Liverpool 
Italy - AC Milan
France - Marseille
Netherlands - Ajax
Portugal - Benfica
Brazil - Really don't know much. I'll say Gremio because I've signed Lincoln from them for peanuts for the like 4 consecutive Football Managers. Also Ronaldinho.
Argentina - No idea.
Mexico - I'll go UNAM because they've got some stunning kits.

Edit: accidentally tagged Dan whilst copying his post for quickness.

Dont really have any fav clubs other than Arsenal but I like to watch few teams based on who is managing them and how are they playing and will post those current club names..

Spain - Betis because of Setien and Barcelona

Germany - Not much of a follower but liked Dortmund under Klopp

England - Very tough to pick one between City and Liverpool but I guess I like Liverpool's game better under Klopp (Ignoring Arsenal)

Italy - Same as Germany, but Napoli under Sarri were a joy to watch

Dont follow other leagues at all

On 20/03/2019 at 14:14, Harvsky said:

I've never really played it believe it or not.

Champ man used to be class, although it consumes you too much so I'd rather avoid shit like that these days personally.

• Subscriber

If mine was based on FM saves...

England - Barnsley
France - Nantes
Spain - Las Palmas
Germany - VfL Bochum
Italy - Napoli
Holland - Sparta Rotterdam
Switzerland - FC Wil

Don't think I've ever had a decent save out of those countries.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've never really played it believe it or not.

Champ man used to be class, although it consumes you too much so I'd rather avoid shit like that these days personally.

Champ man! Showing your age there.

Archived