• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best 3 Players Of Your Generation

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Eco said:

At his prime, Ronaldinho was the best I'll likely ever see. 

He was unbelievable for 3-4 years. No doubt the best player in the world over that period. His decline was rapid though. Messi and Ronaldo have been untouchable for much longer.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

He was unbelievable for 3-4 years. No doubt the best player in the world over that period. His decline was rapid though. Messi and Ronaldo have been untouchable for much longer.

No argument there, but in terms of 'best player' I think what Ronaldinho did in those 3-4 years makes him #1

1. Messi

2. C.Ronaldo

3. Ronaldo

4. Iniesta

5. Zidane

I absolutely loved Ronaldinho, he is arguably the most talented(along with Messi) in terms of natural ability, although he was also a luxury player and his best days weren't long lived enough to be regarded as the number one.

Also Rivaldo was amazing, as were Romario, Xavi, Rivaldo, Henry, Baggio, Maldini and Oliver Kahn

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There I fixed mine

To be fair, I knew everyone was referring to C.Ronaldo and was just taking the piss, although I must say that yours confused me a bit as you also had Zidane in there and since they are the same era, it would have made just as much sense if you were referring to the Brazilian or the Portuguese.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, I knew everyone was referring to C.Ronaldo and was just taking the piss, although I must say that yours confused me a bit as you also had Zidane in there and since they are the same era, it would have made just as much sense if you were referring to the Brazilian or the Portuguese.

They're both obviously world class - I'd have both on a top 5 players of my generation. And I enjoyed watching the original Ronaldo better tbh, at his prime he was so fucking fantastic to watch. But C. Ronaldo has career longevity on his side, and it's also fairly impressive how he's had to adapt his game to deal with how badly he fucked his knee and yet he's still performing at the highest level.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Prime Kaka > Prime Ronaldinho

Come at me 

Kaka had pace to burn, nearly all his best goals were from around the half-way line spriting against the run of play; showing amazing technique, stamina, and athleticism. One of my all time favourites, should have maybe been a centre-forward in another lifetime.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They're both obviously world class - I'd have both on a top 5 players of my generation. And I enjoyed watching the original Ronaldo better tbh, at his prime he was so fucking fantastic to watch. But C. Ronaldo has career longevity on his side, and it's also fairly impressive how he's had to adapt his game to deal with how badly he fucked his knee and yet he's still performing at the highest level.

Yeah the longevity plays a big part without a doubt.

A lot of great players are fucked by the time they reach their 30s.

• 5 months later...

Archived