talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Promotion & Playoff Race

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just keen to see Villa and Leeds back in the top flight sooner rather than later. With all due respect to the other teams we've seen Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough play their little ping pong game enough times in the Premier League era. I'd much rather see big clubs come back up to where they belong as they have chance of actually establishing themselves and strengthening that mid table.

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Middlesbrough have you been drinking. 

Nope. They're up 2 points on some that others have poster + have a game in hand. Shit form but the international break may do them wonders.

They might not be the best team in the 3-6 spots, in fact, on paper they might be the worst. But I can see Pulis pulling a 1-0 1-1 home away masterclass and winning a dross final 1-0. Surely you can too if they make that position!

Norwich and Sheff Utd sadly for Top 2. I do not see them both slipping up from here.

We'll stumble to third. Baggies will take fourth. A rejuvinated Villa 5th and Middlesbrough to edge out Derby in 6th.

Preston would be my dark horses but they have to play Sheff Utd, us, West Brom all in a row, as well as Wednesday and Brentford so I think they'll drop points.

Villa are 100% winning the playoffs, no doubt about it.

On 25/03/2019 at 00:05, RandoEFC said:

Just keen to see Villa and Leeds back in the top flight sooner rather than later. With all due respect to the other teams we've seen Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough play their little ping pong game enough times in the Premier League era. I'd much rather see big clubs come back up to where they belong as they have chance of actually establishing themselves and strengthening that mid table.

I don't get it when people say clubs should be back where they belong. Clubs are where they belong because of the decisions they have made. I'd much rather see new teams come up than the same ones all the the time. There's no guarantee that a club like villa or Leeds would make the league stronger or that they would play good football

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't get it when people say clubs should be back where they belong. Clubs are where they belong because of the decisions they have made. I'd much rather see new teams come up than the same ones all the the time. There's no guarantee that a club like villa or Leeds would make the league stronger or that they would play good football

Leeds are newer than Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Norwich who have all been up and down in recent years and had less than no impact on the league other than being a different team to reliably bet against in your weekly accas.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Leeds are newer than Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Norwich who have all been up and down in recent years and had less than no impact on the league other than being a different team to reliably bet against in your weekly accas.

Yeah but there is no guarantee they would do anything in the league now. They would probably compete for 7th at best. Each to their own but personally I prefer new teams to come up

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but there is no guarantee they would do anything in the league now. They would probably compete for 7th at best. Each to their own but personally I prefer new teams to come up

So you'd rather a team that is most likely to be in a survival scrap as opposed to compete for Europe (at best)?

Just now, Stan said:

So you'd rather a team that is most likely to be in a survival scrap as opposed to compete for Europe (at best)?

Some teams will always be competing for Europe and some for survival. It just means a different team will be doing that. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Some teams will always be competing for Europe and some for survival. It just means a different team will be doing that. 

I just don't get the appeal of blatant yo-yo clubs, and even if Villa, Leeds and Newcastle are just as likely to yo-yo as Sheffield United, Fulham, Derby etc. they still bring more to the league just out of the size of their fanbase, the atmospheres in their stadia. For Leeds you've also got the Bielsa factor, and I'm sure most people would like to see him in the Premier League.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I just don't get the appeal of blatant yo-yo clubs, and even if Villa, Leeds and Newcastle are just as likely to yo-yo as Sheffield United, Fulham, Derby etc. they still bring more to the league just out of the size of their fanbase, the atmospheres in their stadia. For Leeds you've also got the Bielsa factor, and I'm sure most people would like to see him in the Premier League.

I'd take him over someone like Sean Dyche every single time.

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Like I said each to their own. I like having smaller clubs come up and have a go. Smaller clubs tend to have very good fans alot of the time.  For me it's about chearing the underdog

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd take him over someone like Sean Dyche every single time.

From what I remember Sean dyche didn't play bad football when Burnley were in the championship. He has to play defensive in the premier league. Bielsa would have to adapt if he was managing in the premier league

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2019 at 20:33, RandoEFC said:

Up and down?, last time we were a premier league side was 12 years ago!, Norwich were a premier league team in 2016 xD.. Also, Sheffield is a historic football city, about time one of the clubs were back in the big time, it's a nothing thing for the culture or city of Norwich.

• Administrator

So after today's games, pretty much only down to Derby to get a playoff place.

Sheff Utd must be loving life with Leeds' loss, unexpectedly. Norwich are obviously pretty much promoted. West Brom, Middlesbrough both won, Bristol City only drew. Villa won with Grealish and Abraham scoring again. 

Screenshot_20190419-171724~01.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived