talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Promotion & Playoff Race

Leeds will require a gargantuan reversal of form and motivation for them to do it, I backed them for a long time but they've just collapsed. I know today was meaningless but to lose against such an awful side really is telling, it was an opportunity for a convincing win and performance. I'd probably back Villa.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s Villa, whenever we played a big side or a local derby we generally won under Dean Smith. I think he’ll transfer that on to Villa, but as long as Villa have Grealish fit I’d have them to go up.

As much as I don’t think being a big clubs means you should be in the Prem, I think the league misses a decent side like Villa who could get a decent backing now.

On 20/03/2019 at 15:41, True Blue said:

1. Norwich

2. Sheffield Utd

3. Leeds

4. West Brom

5. Aston Villa

6. Derby County

However i am shit at these predictions.

You called that perfectly. 

Im on holiday at the minute chatting to a few fellow fans in the bar, gut feeling is we’ll do the baggies over 2 legs and Leeds is 50/50 in the final

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Im on holiday at the minute chatting to a few fellow fans in the bar, gut feeling is we’ll do the baggies over 2 legs and Leeds is 50/50 in the final

We won't be there. It'll be Derby.

• Administrator

Leeds vs Villa final. 

Leeds player to get injured in final minutes. Villa don't put the ball out and go on to score the winner. 

14 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Probably the only thing i ever guessed right haha, however from these teams even tough i love Lampard i think Villa is the team in best form to win it.

Even though we've beaten Derby twice, and both times convincingly, I feel like our heads have gone.

You have to go into these games with some kind of form. We've lost 3 out of 4 including losses to 10 men Wigan and relegated Ipswich. That is shocking.

We have missed 3 consecutive penalties awarded. We continue dominate the ball and create double or triple the attempts of others in games and fail to convert.

More worryingly, defensively we now look wobbly. And Derby must be looking at us confident they can get goals against us.

They will be bouncing having got that final spot yesterday. They have lost once in twelve. They have the motivation of knowing it's us after what's happened this year and they will be pumped for it.

I just don't see us getting through. We really should have not only got automatic, but won this league by 7 or 8 points had we been able to finish those chances. And that will haunt the players, coach, owner and fans when we are still struggling to get out of here in years to come.

Archived