talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup

football forum

Just saw the scores. Ecuador were champions of the U20 Sudamericano, but I see they are choking away their chance like they usually do in these tournaments.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Just saw the scores. Ecuador were champions of the U20 Sudamericano, but I see they are choking away their chance like they usually do in these tournaments.

Ecuador actually looked decent. Was always gonna be hard after the red card but it was a stupid tackle

• Administrator

Finally get to watch a game in this tournament.

Both games today on FreeSports. Portugal vs Argentina first up. Expecting good play from both teams...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Finally get to watch a game in this tournament.

Both games today on FreeSports. Portugal vs Argentina first up. Expecting good play from both teams...

I retuned the BT box and a freeview TV to try to find freesports and I got nothing :(

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I retuned the BT box and a freeview TV to try to find freesports and I got nothing :(

Damn, that's rubbish. Nothing on Channel 64 on BT TV? I'm not retuning yet if that's the case xD 

• Administrator

Argentina take the lead. Started off as route one but bit of neat play to get the ball in behind Portugal's defence leads to Alvarez crossing for Gaich to almost scuff a shot in off the post. 

• Administrator

Portugal seem more concerned about doing fancy flicks and tricks and skills as opposed to getting the ball in the back of the Argentina net. One player tried an overhead kick outside the box just to pass the ball out wide. Others trying other skills out wide but not really making any of it. It's the kind of thing you do when you're winning, not when you're chasing the game.

To their credit though, at other times they did attack well and create a few chances. 

Argentina have seemed fairly comfortable, however. They've just scored a header to make it 2-0. Looked like it should have been offside though even with the VAR check.

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

How is Barco looking? 

Did alright. Had a hand in the first goal too (he played the ball through to Alvarez). Clear to see is more experienced than some other players and plays at a relatively high level compared to some others, like Vinagre showed for Portugal. Barco came off with about 5 minutes to go, presumably to save him for latter stages now that Argentina have qualified.

Italy drew 0-0 in Japan in an absolutely worthless game. 

Italy win the group, with Japan just behind. 

Mexico goes out going 0-3 and only scoring 1 goal. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just heard on skysports that Norway beat Honduras 12.0 and 1 player scored 9 goals O.o

It's hilarious. Honduras are capable of producing talented players just as Costa Rica are but they don't help themselves in the football world with results like this.

11 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's hilarious. Honduras are capable of producing talented players just as Costa Rica are but they don't help themselves in the football world with results like this.

I remember when they knocked Brazil out of the Copa America years ago. A bit before your time that Brian :D

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I remember when they knocked Brazil out of the Copa America years ago. A bit before your time that Brian :D

That was 2001. I was around.

15 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

That was 2001. I was around.

Yeah I'm not sure if you were to sure what was going on at 2 or 3 years old :D I remember that Brazil team having a really bad run. No one really expected them to win the next world cup

8 hours ago, Azeem said:

I just noticed where is Brazil ?

They were rightly eliminated in qualifiers where they were absolutely embarrassing. If it wasn't for them having a so called "superiority complex" they would have gone out first round.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 3 months later...

Archived