talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who will win the 2016/17 Champions League?

football forum

The Champions League winner for the 2016/17 season will be...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. The Champions League winner for the 2016/17 season will be...

• AS Monaco
    • Atletico Madrid
    • Juventus
    • Real Madrid

football forum

The semi finals are here so it's time to put your money where your mouth is and predict who is going to lift the trophy. The draw for the next round is this Friday 21st and will take place at 11:00 in the morning. The teams in the hat are;

• AS Monaco (France)
  • Atletico Madrid (Spain)
  • Juventus (Italy)
  • Real Madrid (Spain)

Vote is public.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Who will win the 2016/17 Champions League?

Real Madrid, they dont play well but they do get the results needed. I dont know if its their attitude or if things just fall in place for them but their cross and pray seems to work so well for them. I think they will win but I want to be proven so bad. 

• Subscriber

I voted for Juventus but I would love to see a Monaco - Juve final because of all the teams I have seen this week and over the entire course of the competition. Watching the most attacking team vs the team that has let the least goals in would be something truly exciting. Wouldn't feel bad if either of those lifted the cup in the end.

I'd be delighted to see anyone but Real Madrid win it.

Juve because the likes of Buffon (especially him because he probably won't play much longer), Bonucci and Chiellini deserve it.

Monaco because I love this current Monaco team. It's full of great young players, they're a joy to watch, and it's always nice to see an underdog win it.

Atletico because they're brilliant and have suffered two heartbreaking final losses to their local rivals. Hopefully they manage to beat Real Madrid somewhere along the way.

I can't choose between Monaco and Juve.

Edit - i kind of forgot the question while typing that. xD I think Juve are the most likely to win it, they're the complete team.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I voted for Juventus but I would love to see a Monaco - Juve final because of all the teams I have seen this week and over the entire course of the competition. Watching the most attacking team vs the team that has let the least goals in would be something truly exciting. Wouldn't feel bad if either of those lifted the cup in the end.

this

Like the best offense Atlanta Falcons vs best defense New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. Defense wins championships.

Lyon for me. Celta aren't a bad shout either although they are below Lyon and also United for me.

Would be harsh to rule out Ajax but I'd say they have the least chance.

• Subscriber

I think Manchester United will bore their way through it. Got money on them anyway. Put £20 on them to win the Europa and Atletico to win the Champions League on Tuesday night. Returns about £200.

I read that if United win this then 7th place could go straight into the group stages of the Europa. 

I'm willing to be the bigger man and sacrifice a great trip end of July/beginning of August for the qualifiers so we get a full pre-season. If it's correct that is. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Didn't know that, if true I'll be all over them to win.

We should be able to beat the teams that we'd likely face in the qualifiers but I'd rather have a full season under our belt instead.

Depends if you can get the better of the mighty Astra Giurgiu xD

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, ATL said:

Fuck me @Mel81x - I kept think Sckalke damn advanced....Wow that's what I get for not watching and getting to busy.

My day just improved! GO AJAX!

I just repeated it in the other thread too haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived