talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who will win the 2016/17 Champions League?

football forum

The Champions League winner for the 2016/17 season will be...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. The Champions League winner for the 2016/17 season will be...

• AS Monaco
    • Atletico Madrid
    • Juventus
    • Real Madrid

As long as who ever wins it doesn't finish in an automatic Champions League spot in their own league, the Aberdeen players will be grateful for an extra two weeks break...

With Ajax and Man United the favourites to progress, it's looking good so far.

Link

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Juventus win it. And this is Buffon's last chance to win it too, he deserves it. They deserve it. They've been really good this season, all over the park too, not just in defense. 

• 3 months later...

Admins, maybe do an updated 2017-2018 Champions League question?

People are saying that Real Madrid won't "threepeat". If not them, then who will win the 2017-2018 Champions League?

I rate the Champions League more than the World Cup. The skill level is just better. Not surprising when you consider that CL teams have a better chance to gel.

So who's it gonna be? Barca? Bayern? Real Madrid?

As much as I don't want to say this, it's gon be Real Madrid. They're the very definition of a complete team. THIS current Real Madrid team is the only team (Spanish or otherwise) that's ever given me a "sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach"/a sense of dread. The fact that they keep "getting it done." Again and again and again. (am a lifelong blaugrana supporter since childhood.)

Defo in the convo for the best club team of recent times, along with Guardiola's Barca. Maybe among the best of all time, when all is said and done.

The Final venue 2018 Kiev's Olimpiyskiy Stadium (Olympic Stadium) will also have a blue running track like 2015 Berlin's Olympiastadion (Olympic Stadium). A good omen for Barca to Treble? :-D :-D

Ideal 2018 Champions League Final in Kyiv Matchups:

a) Barca vs Real Madrid (1st ever El Clasico Final)

b) Barca vs PSG

c) Barca vs Manchester City

d) Barca vs Manchester United (come full circle)

I say ideal matchups cos not sure if we can even get past the quarters, realistically speaking, even with additional signings.

Archived