talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Addictions

football forum

Do you have any?

It's a thread I've been meaning to start for a while, but I have an addiction to Inca Kola, which is soda and I drink it every single day and shouldn't. It's a real problem but I can't break the habit.

I am also addicted to junkfood, but it's not quite as bad as the former.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

These fuckers, the wife put me onto them a few weeks back and they are already cooked, just place them in the oven for around 40 minutes (180/200c) and I normally have them with roast tatties and veg or croquettes, you get 2 in a pack and before I would eat 1 and then save one for a chicken sarnie at night or the next day but more often than not I will eat the two, they are beautiful.

20190322_083240.jpg.512bfc938372aa3f29f0cb2bbf6f2748.jpg

Country Life Butter.... Love the stuff, got hooked on it while in Nottingham as the mate I was staying with only had that and nothing else.. I will do Anchor butter at a push but anything less than Country Life is just insulting my taste buds.. 

• Administrator

Crisps.

Ridiculous addiction to any kind, any flavour. Obviously have some of my favourites but I'm always wanting some and wanting to try new flavours if I see any.

It's a really bad, really unhealthy habit and I've tried various ways to cut down - either slowly reducing consumption of them or totally stopping eating/buying them. At the end of the day, it's just will power and I've tried replacement foods i.e. trying to eat healthier snacks to quash the hunger. Sometimes it works and I'll go weeks without touching any crisps at all and I'll feel good, but something always takes me back :(

At uni and when I lived out I would genuinely make sure crisps would be something I buy along with essentials like milk and bread etc. I felt like I'd be missing out if I didn't buy any or miss out on eating as a leisurely easy snack to have when I was back home. 

I'd say I eat less than I used to, but it's still far too much.

• Subscriber

Also Jaffa Cakes, I bought a packet of 20 on a special offer 3 days ago and ate the lot within 2 days with cups of coffee, the wife called me a greedy pig for not leaving any for our grandsons............and her. :P

409661987_download(1).png.8758139fb8d9418c0f1b9d689970bdea.png

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Crisps.

Ridiculous addiction to any kind, any flavour. Obviously have some of my favourites but I'm always wanting some and wanting to try new flavours if I see any.

The wife is the same especially Salt & Vinegar crisps, she prefers the Tesco's ones for some reason but whenever she is out shopping or me by myself Salt & Vinegar crisps are always on the shopping list, like today as she has eaten a pack of six I got yesterday. xD 

19 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Also Jaffa Cakes, I bought a packet of 20 on a special offer 3 days ago and ate the lot within 2 days with cups of coffee, the wife called me a greedy pig for not leaving any for our grandsons............and her. :P

409661987_download(1).png.8758139fb8d9418c0f1b9d689970bdea.png

2 days??? I could eat a pack of them in the time it takes me to make 2 decent sized posts.. xD

Have you ever done the Jaffa Cake Challenge?? 

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Do you have any?

It's a thread I've been meaning to start for a while, but I have an addiction to Inca Kola, which is soda and I drink it every single day and shouldn't. It's a real problem but I can't break the habit.

I am also addicted to junkfood, but it's not quite as bad as the former.

That stuff is magic. Used to have a Peruvian restaurant not too far away when I lived overseas. 

I haven’t had soft drink for 2 years and 9 months (outside a glass of ginger ale when sick!).

im not sure it’s an addiction but I do love hot chips and corn chips. Probably have both at least 3-4 times a week...

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Have you ever done the Jaffa Cake Challenge?? 

No? what is it, remember my age though and I also have 4 upper false teeth and 6 lower falsies, will I have to eat them with my falsies in or out? O.o xD 

1030664563_download(2).png.12b7734004b54d9a88b08b4a5a828df6.png

2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

No? what is it, remember my age though and I also have 3 upper false teeth and 6 lower falsies, will I have to eat them with my falsies in or out? O.o xD 

Reveal hidden contents

1030664563_download(2).png.12b7734004b54d9a88b08b4a5a828df6.png

We invented it when I used to work nights at Safeways many years back... The idea is to see how many Jaffa Cakes you can get in your mouth in one go and eat.. played with a minimum of 2 or more round the table.. big pile of Jaffa Cakes in a bowl, you start with one and as you take turns round the table you add one each go until one of you can't eat anymore or chew.. just an idea we had because the grub was free working in a supermarket, started as a laugh because one morning we were all piling into some broken boxes of Jaffas and in an attempt to take more than others a mate stacked about 8 in a pile and squashed them all down as flat as he could with his hand then stuffed the lot on his mouth in one go.. xD we were laughing our arses off because they open up like an accordion in the mouth making it near impossible to chew them.. xD so we used to do it once a week for a laugh..  

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We invented it when I used to work nights at Safeways many years back... The idea is to see how many Jaffa Cakes you can get in your mouth in one go and eat.. played with a minimum of 2 or more round the table.. big pile of Jaffa Cakes in a bowl, you start with one and as you take turns round the table you add one each go until one of you can't eat anymore or chew.. just an idea we had because the grub was free working in a supermarket, started as a laugh because one morning we were all piling into some broken boxes of Jaffas and in an attempt to take more than others a mate stacked about 8 in a pile and squashed them all down as flat as he could with his hand then stuffed the lot on his mouth in one go.. xD we were laughing our arses off because they open up like an accordion in the mouth making it near impossible to chew them.. xD so we used to do it once a week for a laugh..

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl: just showed the wife that and she laughed her arse off and said, "Fuck that..." I don't think I would win anyway if I tried it with my son, daughter and 3 grandsons, in fact, I would put money on our youngest grandson Kaiden (5+) beating all of us as he is a wee bloody gannet!!     xD 

53 minutes ago, Eco said:

Coffee

I guess you could also say this place is an addiction of mine. Lord knows I've wasted so much time on here and the place before here that shall not be named. 

Time enjoyed is not wasted.

• Subscriber

Used to be coffee; I'd start a day with a big cup and then have another 4-5 during the day. Strong black coffee, no milk or sugar. I somehow managed to develop caffeine sensitivity though (probably not surprising given the ungodly amounts of the godly drink I've been consuming for about 20 years) so had to switch to decaf and would only drink proper coffee maybe once or twice a month... 

Don't really have any addictions when it comes to food; pickled peppers probably come closest to it as I could go through a glass of it in one sitting at any given time xD 

Hoarding books. I used to own more than a 1000 when I was a kid before I started moving around a lot and would buy new ones whenever I had a chance. Have switched to ebooks later, now have a huge collection on  my external HD and usually get at least a few new ones every week despite not having enough time to read them all.

Photography gear. I currently own 6 different cameras (both film and digital) plus numerous lenses and various accessories (and have given up many more due to moving places); it would get completely out of hand if I had more disposable income and more place to store it all properly... especially the vintage stuff; can't get enough of it. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Used to be coffee; I'd start a day with a big cup and then have another 4-5 during the day. Strong black coffee, no milk or sugar. I somehow managed to develop caffeine sensitivity though (probably not surprising given the ungodly amounts of the godly drink I've been consuming for about 20 years) so had to switch to decaf and would only drink proper coffee maybe once or twice a month... 

That's bizarre. I too only drink coffee black and strong, and if anything it raised my caffeine tolerance. 

I literally cannot function without a cup in the morning and I typically have a headache the entire day if I don't have any. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's bizarre. I too only drink coffee black and strong, and if anything it raised my caffeine tolerance. 

I literally cannot function without a cup in the morning and I typically have a headache the entire day if I don't have any. 

It just kicked in almost suddenly once I turned 30 O.o I just started getting a bit lightheaded, jittery and even nauseous after having a coffee (it got worse if I was on an empty stomach or with  lack of sleep); at first I thought maybe it just elevated my blood pressure but that wasn't the case. Nowadays I can drink a cup every once in a while but if I start drinking it regularly again it goes back to having those weird symptoms... Found a good brand of decaf that actually tastes like normal regular coffee so I'm not bothered but it is indeed bizarre.

I have an addiction to relaxation video's. Doesn't sound like a problem but it can be.

I get addicted to things quite easily so I never take drugs or gamble incase I get addicted

Definitely coffee, gets me through the day tbh.

Probably alcohol tbh. I can't imagine a world without alcohol because I love it so much and that sounds like something an alcoholic would say imo.

I used to smoke cigarettes, then I went to vaping, now I've not had any nicotine for a while. Feels good.

And if you'd have asked me about 8-10 years ago I would have answered with:

Image result for cocaine

Archived