talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Addictions

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vader said:

Are you suggesting that I can eat a lot if I do exercise, or that I can get rid of my hunger by doing exercise?

You can eat a lot if you do exercise. But I'd guess it's about eating the right stuff, too. Slowly weaning yourself off the junk food or eating less of it and eating more healthy stuff like fruit and veg.

So eating the same amount, but changing what you eat and doing more exercise to burn off what you eat. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Try LaCroix. I think it's shit, but it's going to have a bit of flavour as opposed to just being water with fizziness to it.

If you're drinking shitloads of Coca-Cola, you probably are addicted - the caffeine and sugar are both addictive. But that shite is so bad for you if you're having it all the time. Same with junk food - it's salt and grease, so yeah... it's going to taste great and be addictive. But it's obviously not great for you if you're stuffing yourself with junk food constantly.

Inca Kola actually, I'm addicted as shit. My parents have suggested the same (not LaCroix but something similar). I'll try to adapt eventually. Maybe 2 glass of sodas a week to cut down for starters.

One problem I also have is that I don't eat as well in Canada. The food here isn't as good as in Peru so everything tastes worst to me. So I'm a bit picky, but I think the bigger problem is just how much junkfood I eat.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Are you suggesting that I can eat a lot if I do exercise, or that I can get rid of my hunger by doing exercise?

You won't get rid of your hunger by exercising xD, but yeah mate - it's pretty simple. You lose weight by burning more calories than you put into your body per day - so the more calories you burn a day, the more you can eat without bloating.

Although honestly, in terms of weight loss... what you eat makes a massive massive difference compared to the amount you workout. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You can eat a lot if you do exercise. But I'd guess it's about eating the right stuff, too. Slowly weaning yourself off the junk food or eating less of it and eating more healthy stuff like fruit and veg.

So eating the same amount, but changing what you eat and doing more exercise to burn off what you eat. 

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration!

1 minute ago, Rick said:

“I have a very big stomach”

So in other words, you’re a fat cunt. 

Yup, I'm a fat shit these days.

Just now, Vader said:

Inca Kola actually, I'm addicted as shit. My parents have suggested the same (not LaCroix but something similar). I'll try to adapt eventually. Maybe 2 glass of sodas a week to cut down for starters.

One problem I also have is that I don't eat as well in Canada. The food here isn't as good as in Peru so everything tastes worst to me. So I'm a bit picky, but I think the bigger problem is just how much junkfood I eat.

Start cooking for yourself mate. It's cheaper, it's actually pretty fun, and you know what you like and don't like better than other people - so you can work around your pickiness. And after you've done it a while and you're more comfortable doing shite with food, you can start experimenting with shite you might have been afraid of. I used to be a picky eater, now I'm not anymore because I've learned there's a shitloads of ways to make good food out of a lot of ingredients and it's made me less picky.

You gotta learn to love fruit and veg tho after being a junkfood junkie because you owe it to your body after shoving shite burgers and whatnot into it.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Start cooking for yourself mate. It's cheaper, it's actually pretty fun, and you know what you like and don't like better than other people - so you can work around your pickiness. And after you've done it a while and you're more comfortable doing shite with food, you can start experimenting with shite you might have been afraid of. I used to be a picky eater, now I'm not anymore because I've learned there's a shitloads of ways to make good food out of a lot of ingredients and it's made me less picky.

You gotta learn to love fruit and veg tho after being a junkfood junkie because you owe it to your body after shoving shite burgers and whatnot into it.

I don't mind veggies actually, it's just fruit I don't really like.

Even starting out with diet sodas is a step in the right direction (in terms of caloric intake). Then gradually transition to flavored carbonated water. 

Start counting your calories and understanding what your caloric intake is. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Even starting out with diet sodas is a step in the right direction (in terms of caloric intake).

Yeah, I actually did do this when I was still in Peru. Only problem is there's very limited imports of Inca Kola in Canada and can only be found in Latino stores. As far as I know, there is no diet Inca Kola in North America, but in Peru (which I am going to in 2 weeks) does have it. I guess that can be a start.

Just now, Rick said:

Does it have to be cola? Could you not substitute some fruit juice into the mix?

I could try, yeah.

This morning I told myself to try and limit my soda drinking within the next few days and if I need something strong I'll find something healthier.

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Is soda and junk food really addicting though? Seems like more like something you can quit with just a bit of self control. 

I don't know the science, but I know when I don't drink coffee, I get headaches that are blinding. I'm trying to lower my intake so I can get away from it, but I haven't' heard of the same reaction to junk food and soda. 

Yes it is an addiction. Sugar is harder to get off than many drugs. Science and research says.

Having said that, in June this year I’ll be 4 years soft drink free. (except two ginger ales when really sick last year). Not bad. 

@Vader can you try go to fruit juices or cordials and then go from there?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've been in ketosis in 2020 and after 2 to 3 days of headaches I'm pretty amazed how my body has adapted to little to no carbs and sugar.

What be ketosis? 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

What be ketosis? 

It's a state your body enters when you decrease your sugar/carb intake drastically making your brain use ketone bodies produced by your liver from fatty acids for a majority of its energy needs instead of glucose.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a state your body enters when you decrease your sugar/carb intake drastically making your brain use ketone bodies produced by your liver from fatty acids for a majority of its energy needs instead of glucose.

Is it a good thing or bad thing to be in that process? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Is it a good thing or bad thing to be in that process? 

Depends on whom you ask haha. It has its advantages but also carries certain risks. I'm personally of the opinion that a balanced diet with little processed foods and appropriate caloric intake is still the best diet but different things work for different people so...as usual there's no single answer to that question.

Archived