talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah - Juve Swap Deal with Dybala?

• Subscriber

Juventus still open to trading Paulo Dybala and £44m to sign Mohamed Salah this summer

The Italian champions are keen to bring the Egyptian ace back to Serie A and are ready to make a tempting offer to the Reds

Juventus are still open to trading Paulo Dybala to Liverpool if it means they can sign Mohamed Salah this summer, according to reports in Italy.

The Serie A champions have been linked with a strong interest in the Egyptian ace, with club bosses keen to bring him back to Italian football.

Reports back in February claimed Juve were willing to part with Argentina international Dybala PLUS £44million to land Salah.

But the story is gathering pace again in the Italian press, with Tuttomercato claiming the offer remains on the table and Juve want to deal to happen.

Salah is well known to Juventus chiefs from his two previous Serie A spells with Fiorentina and Roma.

He was even on the Turin club’s radar during his time on loan in Florence from Chelsea, before Roma got their first. He spent one year there before joining Liverpool in 2017 for a bargain price of £34m.

https://talksport.com/football/516137/liverpool-transfer-gossip-juventus-paulo-dybala-mohamed-salah/

• The title was changed to Mo Salah - Juve Swap Deal with Dybala?
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting to see Dybala in a Klopp system that's a hell of a lot more dynamic than Juve's. I don't know if Dybala would be as prolific in the goalscoring department but he would surely be a more exciting player to watch technically.

I honestly think that Dybala is a better player than Salah, but I don't know if Liverpool's balance would be right with two more creative-minded players in Firmino and Dybala, leaving Mane being the main goalscorer. 

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

I honestly think that Dybala is a better player than Salah, but I don't know if Liverpool's balance would be right with two more creative-minded players in Firmino and Dybala, leaving Mane being the main goalscorer. 

Pretty much this. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Salah’s better than Dybala and I don’t think Dybala would be a good fit in his role in our front 3. In summation, get fucked Juve.

Best way to say get fucked is a lowball offer for their best and brightest future player.

Like we did to Madrid when they came asking about Mane and we asked if vinicius junior was available...

Just now, Cicero said:

Dybala is not better than Salah. 

Not even close 

I’m also of the opinion that Dybala is a better footballer than Salah. More unpredictable and technically superior. Salah is more direct and will score more goals. Goals doesn’t make a better player. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’m also of the opinion that Dybala is a better footballer than Salah. More unpredictable and technically superior. Salah is more direct and will score more goals. Goals doesn’t make a better player. 

How? Salah has a better first touch. Better dribbler. Better passer. 

I'm struggling to even see what Dybala has over Salah? 

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

More creative, less selfish, better set pieces. 

And not playing at his full potential, and in a defensive system. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Liverpool just got 97 points. Massive risk to do anything but upgrade the fringe players. 

Agreed.

The spine/core (whatever you want to call it) is so strong now and it sets the foundations to build upon and go even further.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

That’s very subjective based on opinion though isn’t it mate. Because I would say that Dybala has all of those over Salah minus being prolific in front of goal.

Dybala is arguably a better passer, but the better player is the one who performs better more consistently over their careers. Dybala's had one season that compares to Salah's last two seasons, but on the whole just looking at them statistically it's pretty clear to me who's the better player - especially while looking at Salah's numbers while playing in the same league as Dybala on worse sides.

I'd take Dybala as backup to Salah/Mane - I wouldn't want him as a replacement to either. Our front 3 is pretty settled and the attack is built around their individual talents working together to form an impressive attacking unit - why the fuck would we sell Salah, unless the offer was too ridiculous to turn down. And since PSG, Barca, and Neymar fucked up the transfer market... that offer is not too ridiculous to turn down. In fact, I think it should be turned down because it's a ridiculous proposition from our perspective. Selling Salah and replacing him with a player that on paper doesn't look like they'd be anywhere near as effective in our system weakens us, and we've just made a fuckload of money off the CL and have prem TV money... so that extra hundred million or so doesn't seem that appealing when you consider we'd likely have made our team weaker overall.

We should be focused on improving our attacking depth, not selling off our stars.

• The topic was locked

Archived