talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Foreign 11 to play in the Premier League?

football forum

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Don't think you can have VDS because Pete wobbled a bit at the end. Did you see Pete in the final vs Bayern? Most players do wobble near the end of their careers.

I remember the final well. I actually - as harsh as this sounds - felt he was at fault for both Basler scoring and Mehmet Scholl being able to chip him for a second that hit the post instead. So in my opinion that wobble towards the end of his career, it's absolutely why I would pick Van Der Sar. Who also played at a higher level for longer into the twilight of his career. So whilst you may disagree, I maintain my stance. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Batard said:

I remember the final well. I actually - as harsh as this sounds - felt he was at fault for both Basler scoring and Mehmet Scholl being able to chip him for a second that hit the post instead. So in my opinion that wobble towards the end of his career, it's absolutely why I would pick Van Der Sar. Who also played at a higher level for longer into the twilight of his career. So whilst you may disagree, I maintain my stance. 

Fair play but Vds was nervy and poor in finals for us. The first final vs Barca he let Eto beat him on his near post. Was poor keeping and we were on top having nearly scored twice. Second final vs Barca he let another poor one in via Messi from distance, it went under his hand. Also the cup final vs Chelsea when Drogba scored, he should have rushed off his line but stayed put. These are 3 huge games, but we could easily pick holes in each keeper.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Fair play but Vds was nervy and poor in finals for us. The first final vs Barca he let Eto beat him on his near post. Was poor keeping and we were on top having nearly scored twice. Second final vs Barca he let another poor one in via Messi from distance, it went under his hand. Also the cup final vs Chelsea when Drogba scored, he should have rushed off his line but stayed put. These are 3 huge games, but we could easily pick holes in each keeper.

Of what I remember, there was power in both of those shots and he was slow to get down primarily due to poor defending. However we could easily debate this ad infinitum. I still rate Carlo Cudicini from his Chelsea days but he'll forever be overlooked because of Petr Cech, who to be fair pretty much won it all so on reflection Cech is a more obvious choice I think. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Batard said:

Of what I remember, there was power in both of those shots and he was slow to get down primarily due to poor defending. However we could easily debate this ad infinitum. I still rate Carlo Cudicini from his Chelsea days but he'll forever be overlooked because of Petr Cech, who to be fair pretty much won it all so on reflection Cech is a more obvious choice I think. 

Fair play, maybe we both wrong and Taibi was better.

• Subscriber
On 25/03/2019 at 22:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cech

Zabaleta Stam Hyypia Evra

Ronaldo Alonso Vieira Ginola

Aguero Henry

That is a terribly balanced team totally forgot about Zabaleta and his ace-time at City.

59 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That is a terribly balanced team totally forgot about Zabaleta and his ace-time at City.

Terribly balanced as in it's very balanced? Or it's not balanced at all? Cuz you can read that both ways xD Because I look at that side and I think it's fucking excellent.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Terribly balanced as in it's very balanced? Or it's not balanced at all? Cuz you can read that both ways xD Because I look at that side and I think it's fucking excellent.

The former haha. And yes I think its fucking excellent too.

On 26/03/2019 at 04:04, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cech

Zabaleta Stam Hyypia Evra

Ronaldo Alonso Vieira Ginola

Aguero Henry

Forgot about Zabaleta, but he's that kind of player. Just quietly impeccable. I'd still have Ivanovic personally but that's a great shout. Fair play for a non bias team too.

Archived