Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Williams F1 Title Challenge Thread

2CHYKfp.thumb.png.34b7133c597f7e472f1c1ef73a55d4b8.png

A visual illustration of how sporting Williams are, giving the others a headstart in true British style.

• Haha 1

Kubica almost didn't make it into the picture xD

It's important to set realistic goals xD 

• Haha 1

They've failed to mention that the two cars behind them didn't set a time :4_joy: Whatever lifts the spirit I suppose. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy said:

They've failed to mention that the two cars behind them didn't set a time :4_joy: Whatever lifts the spirit I suppose. 

Don't piss on their parade xD 

Seriously it's almost painful to watch how slow and behind the rest of the field they are. I'm glad Russell is outperforming Kubica though; he really deserves a seat in a better car...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I'm glad Russell is outperforming Kubica though; he really deserves a seat in a better car...

According to Polish fans on the internet, it's because Kubica has the "worse chassis" :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I hope you realise that's a parody account...

I actually didn't xD

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Could probably go faster than the cars in that wheelchair.

Really had me struggling to choose between laughing and crying reaction here xD 

ep3gkov26a331.png

:4_joy:

• Haha 2

:o 

Good job!

• Upvote 1

Not unexpected but still...

Scapegoat?

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Scapegoat?

Don't know really; given that he was their technical director it's definitely at least partly his fault that the car is as shit as it is. The whole team/management have been failing for years though. This is probably just the result of them not being able to work together anymore.

• Sad 1

Screenshot_20190630-224737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06fdf9f2a418cd85e33deb6f5c1e4aa2.jpg

About time the great Williams got some recognition this season.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20190630-224737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06fdf9f2a418cd85e33deb6f5c1e4aa2.jpg

About time the great Williams got some recognition this season.

What the hell happened there? Was there some online "inside joke" I'm not aware of?

Some more awards for Williams:

D-VkGpKXsAAOlzD.jpg

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

What the hell happened there? Was there some online "inside joke" I'm not aware of?

Yup

Nice tribute to Sir Frank. 

• Like 1

Lewis giving Sir Frank a spin... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lewis giving Sir Frank a spin... 

That looks fun. I actually entered a competition a few weeks ago where you could win a lap with Lewis around Silverstone, I believe? Guess I didn't win :( :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Imagine how sad one must be to post hateful comments on your favourite driver's TEAMMATE's social media just because he's outperforming him xD 

Now that Williams checked both cars numerous times and confirmed that they are indeed identical, Kubica's team is blaming the tyres for his problems xD 

• Haha 1

And George is such a nice kid. He doesn't deserve all the hate from these toxic fanboys. 

I feel for Kubica but at the end of the day he has been bringing the car home and one of the deciding factors behind bringing him in was his feedback on car development, and I know it would be hard for them not to develop considering how bad their starting point was, but they have developed the car well throughout the year. His pace has been poor and that is ultimately the important thing for a racing driver but he has made a positive contribution to the team. If they go with Russell and Latifi next year you don't know whether they will struggle to develop the car effectively.

• Upvote 1

Kubica after the race: "Problems with front vibrations on the first tyre set, second pit stop after adventures in the first chicane - brake pedal fell into the floor." :4_joy:

• Haha 1

Ffs is the Williams car like some kind of kit car now xD

It's as if it's some amateurs just having a go at racing or like they've won some competition to be part of the F1 experience for the season. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought if Kubica had time he'd be winning the championship within next couple of years but he's leaving Williams now at the end of the season...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49757659

Going to DTM with Audi next year, most likely. Sensible decision to leave; he has been struggling throughout the whole season and there's just no point to continue like that.