talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/2020 Kits

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Clickbait. Every replica is a rip-off.

I'd like to formally withdraw this bit of truth because it offends Cannabis.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Clickbait. Every replica is a rip-off.

True for most... but some of the top tier clubs get more original designs, like that new Chelsea home shirt isn't a template, nor is Bayern or United's new kits, which have a bit more of an original touch. 

Just hoping Adidas do a better job with us than they did with that new Sunderland shirt xD

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, DNA said:

True for most... but some of the top tier clubs get more original designs, like that new Chelsea home shirt isn't a template, nor is Bayern or United's new kits, which have a bit more of an original touch. 

Just hoping Adidas do a better job with us than they did with that new Sunderland shirt xD

Still think they're massively overpriced for what they actually are and haven't bought one in a good 10+ years. Problem is nothing will change because fans will lap it up year in, year out regardless anyway.

56 minutes ago, Dan said:

Still think they're massively overpriced for what they actually are and haven't bought one in a good 10+ years. Problem is nothing will change because fans will lap it up year in, year out regardless anyway.

Same tbh, mainly because of tacky sponsors. I have a clean training top with just the badge and adidas logo, which I'll wear to the gym and some games, plus a retro top, that's about it.

Main thing for me is accurate representation of the club, i.e.. this season the home top was all white from the back, so when we played we looked like Leeds from behind. Clubs are now going against the basics just so younger fans HAVE to buy it, due to the old one looking so outdated, like Barca & Juventus' new releases.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, DNA said:

Same tbh, mainly because of tacky sponsors. I have a clean training top with just the badge and adidas logo, which I'll wear to the gym and some games, plus a retro top, that's about it.

Main thing for me is accurate representation of the club, i.e.. this season the home top was all white from the back, so when we played we looked like Leeds from behind. Clubs are now going against the basics just so younger fans HAVE to buy it, due to the old one looking so outdated, like Barca & Juventus' new releases.

Yeah I sometimes prefer our training tops as well. Much cheaper too (albeit it relatively expensive but I get good use out of it when I play anyway). 

What's for sure is that some major sports brands rip-off the potential customer more than others where originality is concerned. I find Adidas (out of the major ones) tend to defend club traditions a tad more with added originality than brands such as Nike or PUMA for example. Just a personal opinion from personal preferences of course.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's a pre existing top that has been given a Leicester badge and is now charged double the price. If you're too stupid to see that and challenge Adidas then you deserve to be treated like a moron. 

"Challenge Adidas" ?? Huh? You want Stanley & Dan to set up a rival firm or something? 

You're posting that picture as if it's something brand new, which is FAR from the truth. Leicester aren't the first, and certainly won't be the last to use a template design for their kits. Even your shitebag club will have done it at some point down the years. They arent defending it, they are just accepting it as part and parcel of the game. 

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

"Shitebag Club" xD. Thought you didn't care about Everton? 

Glad you brought it up though, you mentioned in an earlier post that Carlisle is your local team, is that true?

I don't care about them, but they are still shitebag. 

Yep, Carlisle is my local just like Wigan Athletic is yours.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

It's a pre existing top that has been given a Leicester badge and is now charged double the price. If you're too stupid to see that and challenge Adidas then you deserve to be treated like a moron. 

Where have I not seen that? Just because I like our kit whilst knowing its a template doesn't make it stupid to not see it xD

I get that it's expensive as fuck and is taken off a template from a pre-existing top. Maybe you're too stupid to see the argument here cos you're fighting a totally different one in your head xD

Why's it taken you so long to realise several club kits (apart from the huge clubs because that's where the real money is) are ripped off a pre-existing top? Why's it suddenly Leicester that has your jimmies rustled? 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

"Challenge Adidas" ?? Huh? You want Stanley & Dan to set up a rival firm or something? 

You're posting that picture as if it's something brand new, which is FAR from the truth. Leicester aren't the first, and certainly won't be the last to use a template design for their kits. Even your shitebag club will have done it at some point down the years. They arent defending it, they are just accepting it as part and parcel of the game. 

This. 

• Administrator

Tottenham's is nice. Better than this season. Looks like a standard Nike t-shirt though. Not sure how much the cost will be, mind. Will confirm in due course. Hope no-one gets overcharged or ripped off.

• Subscriber

I honestly don't now what you want me to say or do about our kit xD it's a rip-off and I'm not buying it. Blame the fans of all clubs who simply have to have the latest gear regardless who allow this ripping off to take place.

I'm not daft anyway. If this was Bournemouth or Fulham (clubs not represented on here) this would never have been brought up anyway so it's a total waste of time.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

celtic-19-20-away-kit-2.jpg

Some form of Celtic change kit. 

Reminds of the NTL-sponsored (?) kit they had a while back.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived