The better place to talk football.

2019/2020 Kits

football forum

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

img_ssole_20190607-101629_imagenes_md_te

First leaked image of Barcelona's third shirt. Turquoise is the colour chosen... Don't like it! Lucky the second top is there, because everything else is terrible.

Just think, if Barca update their badge to make it more 'hip', they will be just like Juventus xD

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Just think, if Barca update their badge to make it more 'hip', they will be just like Juventus xD

Juventus could only ever be like Barça but I get what you mean mate. They did try it last season (it's somewhere in the Spanish forum I posted) and the members voted it down.

• Administrator

Arsenal home (official)
image.png

Werder Bremen home:

image.png

Atletico away
image.png

Porto away
image.png

Porto 3rd:

image.png

Bayern 3rd
image.png

Man City 3rd
image.png

Cambridge away (inspired by 93/94 kit)
image.png

Frank Lampard's Zebra Derby County

image.png

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Arsenal home (official)
image.png

Werder Bremen home:

image.png

Atletico away
image.png

Porto away
image.png

Porto 3rd:

image.png

Bayern 3rd
image.png

Man City 3rd
image.png

Cambridge away (inspired by 93/94 kit)
image.png

Frank Lampard's Zebra Derby County

image.png

Love Bremen's

Cambridge's is god awful. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I like the new Cambridge kit myself. Dont know how it made the cut alongside Porto, Atleti and Bayern though xD.

All clubs equal in this thread.

And it's quite out-there to be honest.

On 07/06/2019 at 00:30, Eco said:

Juventus - so much history yet so hard to appease the millenials.

Idiots.

Considering that Millennials tend to value historical and retro designs so much that theyve actually fuelled a recent trend for retro or throwback shirt designs, I don't think that makes much sense.

As far as I understand it, the move is meant to help them break the American market, because they found out that Americans associated the black and white stripes with referees. 

• Subscriber

F7C24120-6DC7-42D8-8EC0-D41EDD572FCB.thumb.jpeg.679608330e64473e9b304e30d5b82e8b.jpeg

Not officially launched yet but some fans were invited to go down and see it and decided to leak the photos...

Grimsby Home - Centre - Really like it

Grimsby Away - Right - No. We got relegated in blue and brings back awful memories. Plus I hate the red stitching effect which makes it look inside out

Grimsby Third - Left - We have a trend of either pink or purple third kits recently. Quite like it but wouldn’t buy it myself.

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Considering that Millennials tend to value historical and retro designs so much that theyve actually fuelled a recent trend for retro or throwback shirt designs, I don't think that makes much sense.

As far as I understand it, the move is meant to help them break the American market, because they found out that Americans associated the black and white stripes with referees. 

My understanding for the logo change is that it is easier to replicate and produce en masse because it has less detail.

Not just America but Canadians too.

14 hours ago, Inverted said:

Different over here then I imagine. See like Millennials are want updated, sleek designs, where is be companies, sports teams, or whatnot. 

The whole referee statement Juve put out never made a ton of sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, Eco said:

Different over here then I imagine. See like Millennials are want updated, sleek designs, where is be companies, sports teams, or whatnot. 

The whole referee statement Juve put out never made a ton of sense to me. 

I think it would make sense that young Americans who otherwise aren't too interested in football would be drawn to clean, modern designs. You can see it with PSG's performance in America. 

But my impression of European millennial football culture is that there's a big enthusiasm for hipsterish historical throwbacks. 

13 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think it would make sense that young Americans who otherwise aren't too interested in football would be drawn to clean, modern designs. You can see it with PSG's performance in America. 

But my impression of European millennial football culture is that there's a big enthusiasm for hipsterish historical throwbacks. 

Yes, I'm sure Barca's new home kit will do down much better with Americans who are new to the sport, than European's who were raised in it. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Yes, I'm sure Barca's new home kit will do down much better with Americans who are new to the sport, than European's who were raised in it. 

What could Americans or anyone see as appealing with that chequered shirt mate?

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What could Americans or anyone see as appealing with that chequered shirt mate?

Not saying anything about it is appealing, just that 99.9% Americans don't see what's so appealing about it. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Not saying anything about it is appealing, just that 99.9% Americans don't see what's so appealing about it. 

I don't get it mate... In your previous post you said that shirt will go down better with Amercians than Europeans but now you're saying 99.9% of Americans don't see what's so appealing about it.

It's evident I'm a European and I seem to fall into the catchment of demanding traditions should be maintained although also understanding and appreciating it isn't easy for these sports manufacturers to change a design every season and change it sufficiently enough to push fans into purchasing the new one. It's a catch 22 situation but there are times when this sort of thing is almost perverse in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't get it mate... In your previous post you said that shirt will go down better with Amercians than Europeans but now you're saying 99.9% of Americans don't see what's so appealing about it.

It's evident I'm a European and I seem to fall into the catchment of demanding traditions should be maintained although also understanding and appreciating it isn't easy for these sports manufacturers to change a design every season and change it sufficiently enough to push fans into purchasing the new one. It's a catch 22 situation but there are times when this sort of thing is almost perverse in my opinion.

You don't get it because I'm a moron. 

I meant APPALLING, not appealing.  

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

You don't get it because I'm a moron. 

I meant APPALLING, not appealing.  

If you're a moron I dare not start to place adjectives on my own person with some of the things I come out with. xD

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

If you're a moron I dare not start to place adjectives on my own person with some of the things I come out with. xD

When I started to read your reply, I was thinking, 'What the fuck doesn't he understand?", and then I noticed the errors of my ways. xD

1 minute ago, Eco said:

When I started to read your reply, I was thinking, 'What the fuck doesn't he understand?", and then I noticed the errors of my ways. xD

As long as we don't find it appealing (but appalling) to wear our underpants outside our pants like superheroes we'll be alright, I think, I think... I reckon so! :ph34r:

What? O.o

On 11/06/2019 at 20:24, Stan said:

Man City 3rd

image.png

Sweet. Can't wait to see Aguero, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Sterling strutting around the pitch like Sex on the Beach cocktails...

sex-on-the-beach-10-750x1125.thumb.jpg.6da9e08a3b80abe753ce491702da1fc8.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived