talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Player of the Season

football forum

• Administrator

Still will never understand the nominations for these awards being done before the end of the season. 

Nevertheless, Billy Sharp, Che Adams and Teemu Pukki are the nominees.

Pukki wins it for me.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These awards are always bullshit.

Pukki has the stats in his favour but has he really been the best player in the league this season? Really?

Yes his job is to score goals, which granted, he has done. You cannot ask more from a striker.

But Norwich have scored goals from all over. I don't think he is the be all and end all for their success.

And half his goals will be a combination of penalties and tap in's. What's so great about that? Statistically it makes you the best, but performance wise I'd wholeheartedly disagree.

Also on another note, how does Pablo Hernandez not get in that Top 3 I'll never know.

Without Pablo we would be nowhere. He is our biggest creative threat on the pitch and arguably one of the best playmaker's in the division. He consistantly has performed very highly.

And he's doing this at 34 years of age. Some said he was finished and he's proving class is permanent.

But because someone at Birmingham has scored more goals, he is better?

Get in the sea. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

And half his goals will be a combination of penalties and tap in's. What's so great about that? Statistically it makes you the best, but performance wise I'd wholeheartedly disagree.

No penalties scored by Pukki this season.

9 game-winning goals (the most in the division) showing that he does score key & important goals.

Anyway, I agree with you really. There are loads of players you could make a case for, Hernandez being one of them more so than Adams who's only really scored a lot in the past few months. Before that it was relatively inconsistent.

Along with Hernandez, you could have players like Dack, Maupay (as @Danny said), Benrahma (although same argument could be used for Adams where it's only in last few months he's improved and made more of an impact); Bowen who has played well for a young player and helped Hull improve after their poor start; Jay Rodriguez, Tammy Abraham who have both consistently scored throughout the season.

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

These awards are always bullshit.

Pukki has the stats in his favour but has he really been the best player in the league this season? Really?

Yes his job is to score goals, which granted, he has done. You cannot ask more from a striker.

But Norwich have scored goals from all over. I don't think he is the be all and end all for their success.

Nek minut

"Harry Kane is the fooking GOAT only he can tap in a fookin ball like da!!!! INGERRRRRLAAAAAAND"

Not aimed at you in particular tho bro

On 26/03/2019 at 20:35, Lucas said:

Also on another note, how does Pablo Hernandez not get in that Top 3 I'll never know.

Without Pablo we would be nowhere. He is our biggest creative threat on the pitch and arguably one of the best playmaker's in the division. He consistantly has performed very highly.

And he's doing this at 34 years of age. Some said he was finished and he's proving class is permanent.

But because someone at Birmingham has scored more goals, he is better?

Get in the sea. 

Impeccable timing from Pablo on Saturday to remind the league what a farce it is he hasn't been voted amongst the nominee's for the award.

Two goals and grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck after twice losing to inspire our club to keep going. What a man.

IMG_20190331_175219.thumb.jpg.e40649fa1ccab21017183b80c0cfc4b0.jpg

Archived