talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga week 26 Fixtures - 3rd-6th March 2017

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Barcelona 5-0 Celta Vigo (FT)

Great result for Barça and to be honest I'm surprised at the performance.  Barça took the foot off the gas at the end due to the incoming game against PSG in the Champions League, but everything else was top notch and I didn't expect this type of result.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Even though Madrid have a game in hand psychologically Barcelona are still 1st

The great thing about it all even though Real Madrid indeed have a game in hand is that it's now in Barça's hands to win La Liga.  Obviously they would have to win in the Santiago Bernabéu but then again Madrid haven't exactly been showing anything special in recent times to say Barcelona can't win there.  Infact Barcelona beat a much more difficult Atlético Madrid at the Vicente Calderón last week with a hard fought 1-2 victory.

There's still a long way to go and every side will drop points.

That was the performance of a team capable of coming back and winning the title last night(plus they are winning those tight games now which were ending up in draws or losses until recently) and you sense something there. Real still have a game in hand, but even if they win that, there is still a Clasico to play(both have to play the other challenger in the race, Sevilla, as well), which could end up being decisive.

Neymar and Messi were immense, Busquets looked his old self, as did Rakitic, the defence weren't troubled(good to see Umtiti grab a goal, he didn't know what to do with his celebration xD) and it was a much more dominant performance than what we have been seeing.

Rafinha has impressed me lately and deserves the pitch time he's been getting also.

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

to see Umtiti grab a goal, he didn't know what to do with his celebration xD)

Yeah, I laughed at that too! xD  His face told the story really and that was "Oh my god I've scored...  It was meeeeeee....  What do I do now?"

All we need now is to get Mascherano to score for the club? O.o

I was as pleased with that result as I was with the away won at Atlético Madrid to be honest.  Celta Vigo are no mugs, they're a very good side indeed and very well drilled by Eduardo Berizzo.  He makes his team play an unusual game in today's football with a man to man marking system that makes the other team run a lot even if they do have the majority of the ball possession which isn't the normal case.  It's energy sapping and to get a 5-0 result was extraordinary tactically to be honest.  I did feel sorry for Iago Aspas because in my view for whoever didn't see the game they'll think he went missing at the Camp Nou and that's not the case...  He was actually brilliant yesterday and he went unrewarded due to Barça's play.

Atleti being patient which in my opinion is pat of their problem this season and not what has given success under Diego Simeone's tenure as coach.  When they're impossible to play against is when they're pressing every single part of the field at a frenetic pace and it's what they've been using in the Champions League this season but strangely not in La Liga which is why they're so far behind and with their fourth place under threat.

What a strike by Kevin Gameiro to make it 2-0...  They've been patient with the Frenchman and these past two months he's grown into the side (a difficult side to do this) and is providing goals and overall good football.

• Administrator

Comfortable win in the end for Atletico. 3-0. Griezmann got his brace and denies Valencia moving up a spot. Valencia barely had a chance in this game to be honest.

The Griezmann and Gameiro parternship is starting to come to fruition finally.  It's taken its time but now they work properly which is also great news for the France national team.  Right at the best moment in the season!

Unfortunately for them the league title looks to be completely out of the question this season but they've got more than enough to get to another Champions League Final.

Osasuna have way too many "ups" and downs with emphasis on massive depressions which they then take four or five games to get out of.  They then go on mini runs of three games where everyone starts praising them and boom!  Down they go again.

Las Palmas are one of the best sides at home in La Liga.  A very hard team to beat at home and away they just lose confidence.  What's for sure (I've said it before) is that they have a top coach that if the club aren't careful and don't give him what he wants, he will leave.

Archived