talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 31st March, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

If Salah hadnt been in this weird must-score mindset since Christmas Liverpool would be looking far more comfortable for the league. 

Also feel that if they had better options he absolutely should have been rotated out and then into form again. 

That's got to be an aim for the summer.... Sign a player to put competition for places on all 3 forwards...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How good is Robertson though? Joy to see him play at such a level.

9 assists for the season which is just brilliant, Absolute world class left back no question about it. There's been a lot said about pur performance saying we didn't play very well but i thought we were easily the better team overall and deserved that win. Its getting a bit stressful now though watching our games.

• Subscriber

You could be forgiven for saying that now. I doubt you'll look silly. It's really balanced again.

I get how you feel about the stress. It was like that with us. From about February onwards the games became almost unenjoyable because of it. Obviously when we had the win it was different.

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Said to my step dad if we win that one (and I always thought this was our toughest game left) we'll win it. I stand by that. Don't care if i look silly in May but that's a massive win

Please don't jinx us mikey! 🤐🤐🤐

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sissoko should have scored, and a team of fucking physicists wouldn't be able to work out how the fuck 3 spurs players let that cross the line.

Twats, the lot of em. Where is Storts this last 2 months eh?

I think he's not happy that teso was banned. Could he be staying away?

Would welcome his thoughts on this game thats for sure.

In Lanzarote at the mo so didnt watch the full game. But the one thing I will say is this.

That Origi goal v Everton. Pickford fuck up.

That Speroni OG fuck up in the Palace game.

And now that Alderweireld OG after Lloris fuck up.

3 big goals that have turned those games late on this season.

3 amazingly lucky goals too, but massive keeper errors.

All 3 have been at the Kop end too amazingly.

Has to be something in the crowd putting nerves and pressure on the opposition keeper for them to suddenly become absolute flids in goal.

I really think luck like this signifies this could be theirs. 

Not that he needs anymore praise, but how fucking good is Van Dijk? His defending in that two on one with Sissoko and Moura was unbelievable, was in complete control of the situation. It's an absolute pleasure watching week in week out.

All we need is Gomez back at full fitness and we will have a defence that most teams in the world would be envious of. 

The midfield struggled. I think Klopp needs to go with either Milner or Henderson, not both. They are far too similar in there. Fabinho looked bright when he came on and instantly sured up the midfield. Hoping that Keita comes good next season because we are really lacking that creative midfielder who can make runs with the ball. Somebody like Lallana, but better and consistent. Will Klopp have the patience to wait on Nabi or will we go big for a creative midfielder in the summer? Hoping it's the latter. 

As much as I like Origi and Shaqiri, we need serious investment in the front line. Our attackers are playing every game until the 80/90th minute and it takes its toll. A class forward to take the reliance off them and create a bit of competition is needed. 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Sissoko scores then everyone would be slating Van Dijk for backing off the entire time. "He should pressure the ball carrier" ect. He rolled the dice and Sissoko obliged him 

He's pressured Sissoko into going onto his left foot. Nobody slates a defender in a two on one scenario. Van Dijk made Sissoko's decision for him.

11 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Said to my step dad if we win that one (and I always thought this was our toughest game left) we'll win it. I stand by that. Don't care if i look silly in May but that's a massive win

I too believe it's the goal that's won it for you.

Klopp's done an incredible job either way.

• Subscriber

Interesting stat, Harry Kane was injured and missed 5 league games and spurs won all 5. He returned for the Burnley game, since his return Spurs haven't won in 5 league games, picking up up a single point out of a possible 15. 

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I too believe it's the goal that's won it for you.

Klopp's done an incredible job either way.

He has. We're in contention do into the season which is more than most fans expected.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Interesting stat, Harry Kane was injured and missed 5 league games and spurs won all 5. He returned for the Burnley game, since his return Spurs haven't won in 5 league games, picking up up a single point out of a possible 15. 

That's like when kdb returned and City went on a barren run. As if the players who stepped up in the absence all go back to sleep when the star returns

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Not that he needs anymore praise, but how fucking good is Van Dijk? His defending in that two on one with Sissoko and Moura was unbelievable, was in complete control of the situation. It's an absolute pleasure watching week in week out.

All we need is Gomez back at full fitness and we will have a defence that most teams in the world would be envious of. 

The midfield struggled. I think Klopp needs to go with either Milner or Henderson, not both. They are far too similar in there. Fabinho looked bright when he came on and instantly sured up the midfield. Hoping that Keita comes good next season because we are really lacking that creative midfielder who can make runs with the ball. Somebody like Lallana, but better and consistent. Will Klopp have the patience to wait on Nabi or will we go big for a creative midfielder in the summer? Hoping it's the latter. 

As much as I like Origi and Shaqiri, we need serious investment in the front line. Our attackers are playing every game until the 80/90th minute and it takes its toll. A class forward to take the reliance off them and create a bit of competition is needed. 

Agreed. An expensive forward good enough to push one of our front 3 to the bench is required for depth and competition along with a rookie player.

Then at defence its a question of whether you take another chance of Gomez at CB in your first 11 for next year or you go in for a top prospect from outside the club. I want him to be the man but can his body handle a full season?

You'd think Moreno will leave and maybe Clyne also which will require another wide defender as cover but otherwise it should be a relatively inactive summer provided we don't lose anyone we wanted to keep....

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

He has. We're in contention do into the season which is more than most fans expected.

That's like when kdb returned and City went on a barren run. As if the players who stepped up in the absence all go back to sleep when the star returns

Agreed. An expensive forward good enough to push one of our front 3 to the bench is required for depth and competition along with a rookie player.

Then at defence its a question of whether you take another chance of Gomez at CB in your first 11 for next year or you go in for a top prospect from outside the club. I want him to be the man but can his body handle a full season?

You'd think Moreno will leave and maybe Clyne also which will require another wide defender as cover but otherwise it should be a relatively inactive summer provided we don't lose anyone we wanted to keep....

Good point about KDB, but were spurs playing with more freedom without Kane?

Archived