Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Liverpool - WWWDW
Tottenham - LWDLL

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't have a good feeling about this one. They are a side with poor recent form but they have caused issues in the past and I just hope we can get this done early and not have to worry about chasing it in the second half.

Unfortunately, Trent's a doubt for the match. So probably Milner at right back I imagine if he can't make it, I doubt we throw Gomez in so soon after his recovery.

Obviously a massive match for us, so hope we can get the three points and a good performance, but I'd take an ugly win as long as we just get the 3 points.

Crucial game for both sides really. Huge game.

Spurs on the verge of dropping out of the top 4 after their recent form.

Liverpool obviously needing 3 points to stay in touch with City.

I could see this game going any of three ways in the result so I'll hedge on a draw being the outcome. Really though that isn't much use to either team so it'll be unfortunate if it occurs.

I'd love to see our attack get their groove back here with Firmino and Salah switching back into gear so we can be less dependant on Mane going into the home stretch...

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Crucial game for both sides really. Huge game.

Spurs on the verge of dropping out of the top 4 after their recent form.

Liverpool obviously needing 3 points to stay in touch with City.

I could see this game going any of three ways in the result so I'll hedge on a draw being the outcome. Really though that isn't much use to either team so it'll be unfortunate if it occurs.

I'd love to see our attack get their groove back here with Firmino and Salah switching back into gear so we can be less dependant on Mane going into the home stretch...

If sides keep double marking Salah, then Mane’s going to keep getting shitloads of chances. I welcome sides double marking the both of them, like Arsenal tried to do. That way it’s the Firmino show, as Arsenal found out.

Interesting shape from Spurs. They were the more dangerous side to start the match and if we don’t have the ball they look dangerous. But when we have the ball they drop deep and give us loads of space out wide. So we slowed things down and they gave us loads of space for Robertson to put that lovely ball in and for us to score.

They’ve looked dangerous when we’ve made mistakes, but when we slow the pace down it looks like they don’t have an answer to us in the midfield because they’re just giving us so much time and space. So we’ve been our biggest threat this match with a lot of errors we’ve been fortunate they haven’t capitalised on.

It’s a bit boring, but I think if we just keep things calm and keep the ball we’ll eventually get chances - and whether or not we score, we’ll have the ball right around their goal and be defending there when we don’t have it.

Although I can’t see Spurs just continuing giving up the midfield to us.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 31st March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived