• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 21-25th April 2017

football forum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Aye the league is out of reach now. In the grand scheme of things I couldn't give two fucks. Hopefully win Monday so I can enjoy Cardiff away and Barnsley at home. 

Then a nice Summer not thinking "we need to win that and hope Huddersfield/Brighton don't win there" etc etc etc. Really has been one big headache.

It has been nice to care again, after years of quite frankly not being arsed what happens under Pardew and Carver, that grey haired old cunt Pardew killed my love for NUFC and Rafa has gave me the bug again. Hope he is here in August and beyond and if he is the club has a bright future. 

Yeah, it just needs wrapping up now - we've really faltered over the last couple of weeks, lots of these players aren't up to it.

We need to win on Monday really, Cardiff will kick lumps out of us on Friday with that old goat in charge.

Our last hope is Villa...beating Brum tomorrow then letting us beat them to help send the Brum down. Massive result for Forest, a point for them and they should be safe. I can't quite believe its happening, especially the likes of Bristol and Burton comfortably staying up.

• Subscriber

Really sad about Orient's demise, easily my second favourite club in London, some good links between us over the years. Hope they sort the ownership out and come straight back up. 

• Subscriber

I knew Fulham would win at Huddersfield. Pissed off I didn't back them.

Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds all in absolutely shocking form. Sheff Weds and Fulham both hitting it at the right time.

Why does something tell me Sheff Weds and Fulham will go into the final day both 3 ahead of Leeds xD

3-1 win, get in. King Jota with two goals, I fucking hope we extend his contract in the Summer.

Next Derby to come is Fulham, they played and beat us at a point in the season when we were probably at our worst, hopefully we can regain some pride demand carry on the hammerings we've given them the last couple of years.

11 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

If people are on the pitch Monday I will be one of them.

A pitch invasion for finishing runners up in a league you should have won for a side that have only spent two of the last twenty years outside the top flight? And spent the last four years of it complaining the fans deserved better? What's wrong with you? I think I preferred you when you hated football.

Fulham deserve promotion the most of those in the playoffs. They've lost the least number of games of the lot and scored the most goals in the league.

Won 3-0 at St James's Park and 4-1 at Huddersfield, 5-0 at home to Huddersfield, 5-0 at home to Reading.

Both Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday have done the double over us. I wasn't even remotely impressed with Reading, from the games with us I have absolutely no idea how they are 3rd, especially as I can't be arsed to watch any other games :ph34r:

At least if Reading do come up that is one of the three relegation places taken next season so we would only have to focus on avoiding the other two. 

I don't think we will have a pitch invasion because I expect the stadium security to have hired enough numbers to stop it.

They'll be pretty worried about a pitch invasion given the size of our crowd. It could very easily get out of hand and be a total crush. 

I want Leeds to come up via the play-offs so I am a bit disappointed with how things have turned out for them recently, some real poor results.

The play-offs will be interesting, Fulham probably the favourites at the moment, think it'll be them or Sheff Wed.

I've watched Blackburn a couple of times this season and every time I've watched them they've been good - beat us twice, ran Brighton very close twice and picked up a bit under Mowbray.

Wouldnt mind seeing them sneak out of it.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Agbonlahor scores for Villa!

Didn't know he was still going for them xD 

first game in 3 months and first goal in 442 days and "he has a big future to play" apparently, personally i'd have took a 0-0 draw if it meant he wasn't at the club, i've not forgotten

5 hours ago, Danny said:

One of the best wingers in the league, so glad to have him back

I can't see him staying with you, there will be a lot of admirers this summer and I can see him moving on to a European league. Classy player and far too good for the Championship!

57 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

Thank you Villa, you have given us the slightest bit of hope.

Hopefully we roll over for you to next week, we're holiday mode any

On 22/04/2017 at 11:57 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

Because no one not even the Birmingham fans wanted to watch this until Arry

It was still awful football. 

Absolutely distraught to see Fleetwood nick a winner in the last minute - we were so so close to promotion on Saturday. Nervous as fuck for the Peterborough game, sure, they may mentally be on the beach, but in the last 6-7 years or so, Bolton Wanderers have had a wonderful knack of fucking things up just as we're on the cusp of something positive. Plus, the football is still awful - however, the unlikely talisman Gary Madine is back terrorising League One centre halves.

Regarding the big scary 'crowd trouble' at Vale Park, I'm personally proud of the Wanderers fans for going mental. Our away support has been superb this season - so much better than going to the largely flat Macron. 4,500 at Port Vale, gutted I couldn't go. If we go up next weekend, there'll probably be people celebrating on the pitch. I don't care how 'small time' it may be, we've had absolutely nothing to celebrate since that cunt Jonny Evans ended Stuart Holden's career in 2011.

19 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

A pitch invasion for finishing runners up in a league you should have won for a side that have only spent two of the last twenty years outside the top flight? And spent the last four years of it complaining the fans deserved better? What's wrong with you? I think I preferred you when you hated football.

You're right like, was getting carried away after being excited that Huddersfield lost and that we could seal it tomorrow.

After Monday I genuinely thought we had fucked it. Hopefully in 20 hours time or so we are a PL club again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived