• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 21-25th April 2017

football forum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

We have only been promoted at SJP once in our history, hopefully that stat is wrong in 10.5 hours time. Been looking forward to it since Saturday but quite nervous now.

Preston are without a few defenders but have got some decent players going forward, McGeady particularly - reckon they'll score.

We've just looked utter shite the last few weeks but think we'll stumble over the line tonight!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just flicked over to the Roma game on BT Sport - ffs. 

What's the scenario for Newcastle by the way? Do they have to win to be promoted or is a draw good enough?

draw's good. 

• Administrator

Brilliant break from Newcastle! Preston lose it in midfield and within seconds Atsu has the ball in the net! Excellent ball from Mitrovic and calmness from Atsu to finish. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Atsu found his level perhaps.

up against Tyias Browning as well who is getting rinsed down Preston's right. 

Presume Atsu knows about his weak spots from being together at Everton. 

• Administrator

4-1 Party time for Perez and Newcastle. 

He had no idea about it though. Comes off the post and he was in the right place at the right time. 

Wasn't a very good performance before the red card.

Truth is we were promoted when we beat Huddersfield months ago. Since then we've played like we can't be arsed and don't have to be arsed. Never put under any danger by anyone. It was all a perception trick.

Preston going forward are one of the best sides I have seen in this league. If they get a decent keeper and defence they could be promotion contenders next season.

23 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Absolutely distraught to see Fleetwood nick a winner in the last minute - we were so so close to promotion on Saturday. Nervous as fuck for the Peterborough game, sure, they may mentally be on the beach, but in the last 6-7 years or so, Bolton Wanderers have had a wonderful knack of fucking things up just as we're on the cusp of something positive. Plus, the football is still awful - however, the unlikely talisman Gary Madine is back terrorising League One centre halves.

Regarding the big scary 'crowd trouble' at Vale Park, I'm personally proud of the Wanderers fans for going mental. Our away support has been superb this season - so much better than going to the largely flat Macron. 4,500 at Port Vale, gutted I couldn't go. If we go up next weekend, there'll probably be people celebrating on the pitch. I don't care how 'small time' it may be, we've had absolutely nothing to celebrate since that cunt Jonny Evans ended Stuart Holden's career in 2011.

In the highly unlikely event anyone is interested, here's the video of the naughty naughty crowd trouble, taken by some guy doing the 92 grounds:

From 4:13 onwards. Seriously nursing a semi watching those celebrations. Pretty much every away game I've been to this season has resulted in disappointment - losses at Chesterfield, Oldham, Rochdale, and draws with dogshit performances at Coventry and Bradford. Delighted I wasn't able to go as I'm a curse but I'm truly gutted I wasn't a part of that.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Truth is we were promoted when we beat Huddersfield months ago. Since then we've played like we can't be arsed and don't have to be arsed. Never put under any danger by anyone. It was all a perception trick.

Preston going forward are one of the best sides I have seen in this league. If they get a decent keeper and defence they could be promotion contenders next season.

He got sent off mate

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

3 of their first choice back 4 were out last night too.

1 minute ago, roversgirl said:

Pretty underwhelming celebrations (if you can call them that) last night for Newcastle!

A bit of karma for Gally last night getting sent off for handball on the line after his handball goal for Rovers at SJP!

I think everyone was waiting for everyone else to run on the pitch but nobody did in the end - they put extra stewards around the pitch after about 80 minutes.

One clown did run on the pitch and went to Lascelles and Ritchie who were doing the TV interview.

Thought 95% of the crowd staying for around 10-15 minutes was great to be honest, had chills down my spine when Rafa walked over to the Gallowgate, everyone in the ground chanting his name. 

Was never going to be a pitch invasion really after what was discussed on here he other day.

13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Think your lot will go on the pitch in our game?

Na can't see it, maybe if we won and it sealed promotion or the title on Friday but we won't now. No idea how many we are bringing, you gave us 6k tickets but it isn't sold out. Hope we take a big number. 

Im looking forward to it, going to be in Cardiff from 2pm so will be pretty wrecked by kick off.

• Subscriber
On 4/23/2017 at 11:29 PM, StefBWFC said:

Absolutely distraught to see Fleetwood nick a winner in the last minute - we were so so close to promotion on Saturday. Nervous as fuck for the Peterborough game, sure, they may mentally be on the beach, but in the last 6-7 years or so, Bolton Wanderers have had a wonderful knack of fucking things up just as we're on the cusp of something positive. Plus, the football is still awful - however, the unlikely talisman Gary Madine is back terrorising League One centre halves.

Regarding the big scary 'crowd trouble' at Vale Park, I'm personally proud of the Wanderers fans for going mental. Our away support has been superb this season - so much better than going to the largely flat Macron. 4,500 at Port Vale, gutted I couldn't go. If we go up next weekend, there'll probably be people celebrating on the pitch. I don't care how 'small time' it may be, we've had absolutely nothing to celebrate since that cunt Jonny Evans ended Stuart Holden's career in 2011.

Absolute hooligan. Scenes we didn't want to see.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived