talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan - What Happened to these former Giants?

Remember a time when AC Milan were one of the scariest teams in Europe and most opposition were trembling at the very thought of playing them? , that mid-1980s AC Milan with the likes of Franco Barresi & Marco Van Basten, or that early to mid-2000s Milan that won the Champions League multiple times, with the likes of Paolo Maldini and prime Kaka ? 

When we look at the Rossenari nowdays they're a shadow of their former selves, from the investment that's put into the club all the way to the quality of players that they have, I believe that the main factors that landed Milan in their current predicament are: 

- Financial Problems they experienced towards the end of Berlusconi's ownership and after he sold the club. 

- Too much of their squad being built around old and aging players ]

- Them Selling Key players that their squad was performing well with (e.g: Kaka, Zlatan, Tiago Silva)

- The Serie A in general being a declining league apart from Juventus 

Anyways thats my take on the topic, I also came across a you-tube video that explained my points better and went more in-depth on the topic 

Video: https://youtu.be/V5YV6f2KXDI 

What do you guys think lead to Milans decline? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Asthma Lungz said:

Remember a time when AC Milan were one of the scariest teams in Europe and most opposition were trembling at the very thought of playing them? , that mid-1980s AC Milan with the likes of Franco Barresi & Marco Van Basten, or that early to mid-2000s Milan that won the Champions League multiple times, with the likes of Paolo Maldini and prime Kaka ? 

When we look at the Rossenari nowdays they're a shadow of their former selves, from the investment that's put into the club all the way to the quality of players that they have, I believe that the main factors that landed Milan in their current predicament are: 

- Financial Problems they experienced towards the end of Berlusconi's ownership and after he sold the club. 

- Too much of their squad being built around old and aging players ]

- Them Selling Key players that their squad was performing well with (e.g: Kaka, Zlatan, Tiago Silva)

- The Serie A in general being a declining league apart from Juventus 

Anyways thats my take on the topic, I also came across a you-tube video that explained my points better and went more in-depth on the topic 

Video: https://youtu.be/V5YV6f2KXDI 

What do you guys think lead to Milans decline? 

Italian football needed to modernise and embrace change. But they elected not to. 

They also aren't in a great period for homegrown talent,  which should be a focus area. 

Archived