talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Strongest Accent In Your Country

football forum

This should be a complex one for all the Brits.

In Peru, the strongest accent is the Charrapa, or in other words people from the Amazon. I'm not gonna show you though cos it's in Spanish, wouldn't change a thing.

In Canada, Newfoundland has the strongest accent. Probably due to them Irish roots. Listen below. 1:07

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Geordies or Scouse I'd say. Northern ones are usually stronger.

But then again you can get tamer accents from those regions and you can actually understand what's being said xD 

Irish can be very strong, too. They barely move their mouths if it's a very thick accent too and you can't even figure out what's being said.

59 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Grizzly21 Brian what is the deal with your new user name. One minute you have an alpaca avatar now you are calling yourself grizzly xD

21 - my age

Grizzly - Grizzly bears are freakin rad

The accents that stand out the most for me are Geordie or brummy, Soon as you hear somebody with either of those you dont have to ask we're they're from.

Its probably mine though (scouse) Kensington born and bred, no watered down over the water accent 😆

Just now, Eco said:

You just want to be Candian I imagine. Haha

Peru is always my #1 choice, but I do have a Canadian passport, so technically I can consider myself that.

I am moving back in June so I'm kind of trying to re-accomodate myself.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Peru is always my #1 choice, but I do have a Canadian passport, so technically I can consider myself that.

I am moving back in June so I'm kind of trying to re-accomodate myself.

Starting with changing your username? Haha.

Not hating, but Grizzly is such a Candian thing I can't help but laugh.

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Starting with changing your username? Haha.

Not hating, but Grizzly is such a Candian thing I can't help but laugh.

Grizzlies are my second favourite type of bear behind Polar bears. However, Polar can mean other things and I wasn't going with that.

• Subscriber

Some variations of Welsh are the ones I struggle to understand. Pretty okay with the Geordie/Mackem accent now having lived their for a few years but some people have it stronger than others and it can be difficult.

On 31/03/2019 at 04:56, Harry said:

Probably Queenslanders from Oz.

On 31/03/2019 at 05:07, Toinho said:

They do sound a little different 

Most Australians abroad can easily pick me out for being a Queenslander. Overall, in Australia the basic accent is the same but with varying degrees of thickness. I imagine @Devil-Dick Willie sounds like a first-generation twat; being closer to the western-suburbs Sydney wogs, @Harry like a silver-spooned cunt in the veins of Guy Pearce or Cate Blanchett, and @Toinho like a coked up AFL player.

On 30/03/2019 at 12:23, Grizzly21 said:

This should be a complex one for all the Brits.

In Peru, the strongest accent is the Charrapa, or in other words people from the Amazon. I'm not gonna show you though cos it's in Spanish, wouldn't change a thing.

In Canada, Newfoundland has the strongest accent. Probably due to them Irish roots. Listen below. 1:07

Canada's is more Scottish than anything else.

Probably a proper Glasgow accent would be the most difficult to understand in Scotland for most people. And even my fairly mild Glasgow accent can be hard for foreigners to understand. 

But it gets difficult to classify depending on what you count as an accent or as a dialect, for example I would find a person speaking Doric or Lowland Scots harder to understand than a fellow Glaswegian (though I could still manage it), but typically those two would be counted as dialects or even languages. The way people speak in Glasgow is more of a modern development and so gets counted as an accent more than a dialect.

In Germany probably "Sächsisch" which you speak in Saxony. Still prefer to hear that over "Schwäbich" which you speak in most parts of Baden Wuerttemberg. It's outright disgusting. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

In Germany probably "Sächsisch" which you speak in Saxony. Still prefer to hear that over "Schwäbich" which you speak in most parts of Baden Wuerttemberg. It's outright disgusting. 

I have a soft spot for Sächsisch as my dad is originally from there and the only remaining family from his side still lives in Sachsen too. Schwäbisch is weird but I honestly don't find any accent/dialect disgusting. I think it's just funny :D I also love Austrian German :D Swiss German not so much.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I remember hearing myself on camera when I was a kid and I used to have broad Hull accent (different from Kez's south Yorkshire twang) but it's pretty much gone now.

Why’d it change? That is pretty unusual.

47 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have a soft spot for Sächsisch as my dad is originally from there and the only remaining family from his side still lives in Sachsen too. Schwäbisch is weird but I honestly don't find any accent/dialect disgusting. I think it's just funny :D I also love Austrian German :D Swiss German not so much.

Don’t Austrians and Bavarians sound similar? Anyway I recall an anecdote that a German production company wouldn’t let Schwarzenegger dub his own film because they claimed he sounded like ‘an Austrian farmer’

Archived