talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Huddersfield Relegated

• Administrator

Joint earliest time in season a team has been relegated. Derby the only other team to be relegated in March. 

@The Palace Fan might like this

Huddersfield properly suffered second-season syndrome this season. Only scoring 18 probably says they deserve to go down. Nothing strikes me this season as anything exciting about them. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Stan said:

Joint earliest time in season a team has been relegated. Derby the only other team to be relegated in March. 

@The Palace Fan might like this

Huddersfield properly suffered second-season syndrome this season. Only scoring 18 probably says they deserve to go down. Nothing strikes me this season as anything exciting about them. 

I think they did try to play good football. They have good fans as well. I found them a very likable club personally. But they have been very poor this season. You kind of just forget they are there alot of the time like derby and Sunderland in those terrible seasons they had. 

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Poor infront of goal last season and didn't address it.

Well they didn't really have enough money to get a good enough striker did they?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well they didn't really have enough money to get a good enough striker did they?

Well they had money, just spent it elsewhere.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Impossible. Aaron Moy is the greatest player of all time and he can't fail at anything. At least he'll be able to get his big move to Manchester united or Barcelona now:dam:

To understand the ball one’s head must become the ball. You know nothing of the ball head way, so you are nothing. Hare Krshna

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Well they had money, just spent it elsewhere.

I don't know there spending or their wage bill. I would imagine they are near the bottom. Perhaps they did need a striker but perhaps they felt that wasn't the issue and they needed to work on the service to the existing forwards I don't know.

19 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think they did try to play good football. They have good fans as well. I found them a very likable club personally. But they have been very poor this season. You kind of just forget they are there alot of the time like derby and Sunderland in those terrible seasons they had. 

Ok, I've got to interject.

They did not play good football at all. The spent half the season under Wagner with all 11 men camped in their own half of the pitch. Their strikers were that starved of service they were anorexic.

The only time they showed any sign of ambition was when they needed snookers and adopted a 'shit or bust' approach by playing two in attack. Their general lack of quality was so poor though that this had no impact either.

As for the fans, they averaged 13k in the last 6 years they were in the Championship. One year of PL Football and that shot up to 24k.

Great fans though obviously. Glad they enjoyed their two years. Let's see them all turning out for Wigan at home next season eh...

Archived