The better place to talk football.

Round 03: China

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did @Tommy not wake up for this :(?

Of course I did, with 5 hours of sleep and severe alcohol consumption the night before. But F1 is F1, and I don't fall asleep during Qualifying like a noobie boobie. 

• Subscriber

Very happy for Kimi/Sauber; a good race from him and we're in the points again; Giovinazzi disappointing once more though and it makes me wonder if the number of total points should be higher given that the car performs well enough. 

Extremely happy for Alex too, of course he could took advantage of Kvyat's and McLaren incident as well as slow Williams, but he did a very good job to finish the race in 10th and earn one more point for himself and his team. Toro Rosso looking quite good in general.

Max had a decent race, nice hard but fair fight there with Vettel at one point, sadly he couldn't overtake him in the end. Still RB aren't good enough. Gasly still way below par but maybe getting that fastest lap will boost his confidence a little bit.

I don't particularly care who wins the title but at this point it seems like it's already over and we're only three races into the season... Not good for F1. 

Ferrari are a joke. They seem to be screwing Charles up in every race; either by executing team orders or by his car having reliability issues. 

Very unlucky for McLaren. Both cars involved in the Kvyat incident and the race was ruined for them in the first turn already... 

All in all, it was a bit of a snoozefest of a race. 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

All in all, it was a bit of a snoozefest of a race. 

Today I seriously questioned if it was worth getting up for that. Luckily we have the European races coming up now. 

Well done, Baku. 

• Subscriber

If Lewis's nearest rival for the title is Bottas then not good. What do you all think of Bottas? I'm not saying he is shit but isn't great either. For me he is a flash in the pan driver, will do a steady job but now and then pulls out an exceptional performance. One reason why he will struggle to challenge in my opinion, is that in my opinion he is better defending a lead opposed to hunting drivers down. If you are hard to overtake, but can't catch drivers ahead, you need to be on pole most of the time, Bottas isn't quick enough to do this.

Personally I thought last season in Bahrain, when he was hunting down Vettel, he should have overtaken him with laps to spare. But he wasn't ruthless enough and seemed happy to come second, after a half-hearted attack on the last lap.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

At least I got to witness the return of the Torpedo! 

BUT 

https://streamable.com/f4nzf

I swear it looks like Kvyat got hit too?

For me it was a racing incident and the penalty seems harsh. Kvyat seemed to have a bit of oversteer; Sainz was sliding all over the turn as well and seemed to have bumped Kvyat; Norris went off wide and got hit when he was rejoining the track. Don't think it was anyone's fault really.

4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

If Lewis's nearest rival for the title is Bottas then not good. What do you all think of Bottas? I'm not saying he is shit but isn't great either. For me he is a flash in the pan driver, will do a steady job but now and then pulls out an exceptional performance. One reason why he will struggle to challenge in my opinion, is that in my opinion he is better defending a lead opposed to hunting drivers down. If you are hard to overtake, but can't catch drivers ahead, you need to be on pole most of the time, Bottas isn't quick enough to do this.

Personally I thought last season in Bahrain, when he was hunting down Vettel, he should have overtaken him with laps to spare. But he wasn't ruthless enough and seemed happy to come second, after a half-hearted attack on the last lap.

Bottas is good, but nowhere near Lewis' level. Would be interesting to see Ocon in that seat, just for comparison. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived